Chapter 1

Squidward was getting ready to go out for his daily stroll. Oh god I hope I don't see Spongebob anywhere, I've already had enough of him for the day. He grabs his keys and leaves.

Even though they are neighbors, Squidward despised Spongebob, so as he's going on his daily walk to the park he makes sure it's when Spongebob is jellyfishing.

God those idiots. Squidward thought to himself. They always have to ruin everything. He sits down on a bench to think to himself. It was a peaceful day in Bikini Bottom, the clams were happy, people out for walks, it was almost too quiet.

Squidward checks the time "12:30."
"Ah shit" Squidward says to himself. "They're gonna be home soon."

  As he returns home, he starts to get more anxious. Why don't I just move, that will solve all my problems. Although he knows moving is expensive, Spongebob and Patrick have practically pushed him over the edge.

-

Finally home, Squidward slumps on the couch. Thank god those morons aren't home yet. They're probably still out jellyfishing.

Spongebob and Patrick did love jellyfishing.
every weekend they would head outside with their nets and their stupid grins and run around like idiots.

It's kinda cute. Squidward thought. No you idiot snap out of it. What is wrong with you.

Suddenly there was laughter outside. They were home. Squidward could hear them talking. "We got some great catches today huh Patrick?"
"Sure did"
"See you later Patrick."
"Bye!"
He heard their laughter fade and relief fell over him. Thank god that's over. He sprang to his bed and slowly closed his eyes. "Shit," he said, "Work."

-

As Spongebob arrives home, he hesitates when walking up to his house. He can't help but glance at Squidwards. Something is off with Squidward, and Spongebob knows it. He can't shake this feeling that there is something deeper happening than just his crappy stick in the mud personality.

He relaxes into his chair and closes his eyes for a second. He knew Squidward well enough to where he knew he couldn't just ask him what was wrong. He needed to find some other way. Suddenly he sprang up in his seat, "I've got it Gary! I know exactly what i'm going to do to cheer up Squidward."

-