Home

Isabelle

The rays of the morning sun fell on my face. I slowly opened my eyes and sat up. The atmosphere around felt comfortable, and as my eyes moved to the spot of the figure sitting on the couch I felt my body relaxing in a split second.

"Good morning," Kaden smiled and walked over to me.

"Good morning,"  I replied.

He smiled and sat in front of me, his smell instantly wafted into my nostrils. He smelt of something woodsy and the faint hint of vetiver was there enough to make it noticeable.

"Did you sleep well?" He questioned, his hand moved to gently caress my cheek.

It had been long since anyone did that...

"Yes," I nodded unable to hide the surprise, his touch had sent a whole wave of spark thought out my body.

He seemed to notice the goosebumps on my skin and I could see something flashing in his eyes but it went covered anyway.

"Your breakfast will be brought here at any minute," He informed, "You need to finish the entire meal, okay?"

"Uh-huh," I nodded, and this made a smile spread on his lips.

A few minutes of silence stretched between us and him that only included him gazing at me. His gaze was unlike anyone I'd experienced before, his one held so much affection and serenity that didn't lessen my comfort even the slightest bit.

"Kaden?" I decided to speak

"Yes, love?"

"Thanks for letting me stay and everything, I'll not be a burden on you and will leave soon."

His entire body stiffened at my statement, the darkness roofed his eyes and I saw him taking a deep breath before he exhaled it through his mouth.

"Isabelle," Sighing he leaned closer to me and cupped my cheeks in his hands, "You can never be a burden on me and you can stay here as long as you want, consider everything here as yours,"

A small smile crept up my lips hearing his sentence, he was too kind.

"Thank you, Kaden,"

"You're welcome," He pressed his lips against my forehead, causing the tingling to spread down my body. His lips felt extremely soft against my skin, so soft that I wanted them to stay there for more.

Suddenly there was a knock on a door, Kaden moved away and glanced back, "Come in,"

The door opened and a beautiful blonde woman entered the room, "Good morning, you two," She smiled at us and walked over toward the bed.

She sat beside me, her eyes were filled with excitement, "Oh my God, you are so pretty!" she put the tray down on the nightstand and engulfed me in a big hug.

I gasped in surprise. She indeed threw herself over me.

"Cassandra, you will scare her," I heard Kaden's low yell, and she pulled away from me to look at him.

"No, she's not going to get scared," She frowned at him before she looked back at me, "Did I scare you?" Her gaze softened.

I shook my head in response and her face lit up.