𝟷𝟷

My gaze wouldn't leave the mirror as I looked into her eyes, my eyes? I kept shifting back and forth between me and Y/N. My room shifted with me, creating all the things that reminded me of her. I shook my head before looking back into the mirror, opening my mouth to speak but nothing coming out.

I turned back into her, just staring at myself before my sister burst into my room.

"Dolores! Hey, hi." I yelped, gathering myself and frantically shifting everything back to normal. She rolled her eyes.

"I can hear you talking to yourself. Is it that hard, Camilo?"

"Wha-what? Nothing, what do you mean, I'm good,"

"If I can take Mariano on a date, you can take Y/N,"

It was my turn to roll my eyes,
"Well, Dolores, Y/N isn't some dumb hunk. She deserves a date with someone better,"

"Please don't compare yourself to Mariano. Just get her flowers or something fun and just spend time with her. I know she likes that,"

"That sounds so basic, though!"

"You're call." She left the room smirking. I let out a frustrated sigh. How do I sweep a girl off her feet?
__

"Do you think you gained any new powers?" I turned to Mirabel beside me, "Do you think she's, like, twice as strong?" We trailed behind Luisa after her break from her chores. She grunted as she dropped a few donkeys into a pen.

"No, Y/N, the donkeys still weigh the same,"

"But what if they're a little lighter?"

"They're already light to begin with."

"Maybe we should do something else, I'm sure my sister's busy today," Mirabel grabbed my shoulders and turned me in the opposite direction.
"Maybe we can talk about what's happening between you and my primo, hm?"

"Oh yeah, Antonio and I started playing hide and seek in tío Bru-"

"Y/N, come on, just tell me!" she practically begged.

"I was."

Mirabel looked at me expectantly, quirking a brow. Of course she wants to hear about me and Camilo. I took a second to think. What was happening between us? I know we both like each other, that's obvious, but we never called it anything.

"Well, we both like each other,"

"Yeah I know that, but are you guys, like, dating?"

"I dunno, we haven't defined it yet."

"So define it today!" She began pushing me towards her house.

"Woah, wait, what would I even say?"

"We'll figure it out on the way there!"

I sighed with joking annoyance until I remembered a thought from before.

"Unrelated, but how did you find tío Bruno? I remember Dolores saying she heard you in the walls after the dinner."

Mirabel took a second to think. "Oh! Okay, let me tell you everything. We should walk slower for this,"
__

"I guess the rats along his back was kinda true," I giggled as we stepped into Casita.

"Bonita!" Camilo spotted me and came rushing down the stairs, shifting between me and him.

"Cami-"

He tackled me in a hug before I could finish. I squeezed him back.

"Geez, get a room, you two. Y/N, I'm gonna go help my mom, you guys better not do anything weird." Mirabel joked.

I rolled my eyes, my face slightly heating up.