broken||11

"Do you want water?" Yelena asked, "Or something else."

"Water please," Katerina replied, grabbing the cup. She didn't realize that it was quite wet around the edges, making it hard to hold. 

The impact of the glass cup hitting the floor shook Katerina. She didn't mean to drop it, it just- slipped. Katerina felt her heart rate rise along with a hitch in her breath, as she stood there in shock.

She was scared - not of Yelena, but of what would happen. Would Yelena be mad at her? 

"I-I'm sorry," she replied, feeling the tears well up in her eyes. "I-it w-was an a-accident." She began to panic, only feeling a rush of memories hit her like a ton bricks. Dreykov would put her somewhere far away, or worse, he would kill her. 

"It's okay!" Yelena reassured. 

"N-no, I-I clean it up," she replied, sniffing. 

"Kat. It's fine," Yelena bent down to the girl, "You're fine." 

"N-no," the young girl breathed, "n-no."

"What do you mean, 'no'?"

"I-I-" she stuttered, "i-it's all my fault."

"Hey, hey, breathe," Yelena locked eyes with her, "Follow me."

"I need to clean up," Katerina mumbled, bending on the ground.

"You will hurt yourself! C'mon, how bout you go take a shower and I will clean it up, huh?" 

"B-but I made mess, s-so I clean it," she responded, feeling a fat tear roll down her pale cheek. 

"Some mistakes get made, that's alright, it's okay," Yelena rubbed the tear off with her thumb, "And you know how many I've made? How many cups I've broken? One time- one time I smashed a plate on Nata-" Yelena paused, feeling a pang of sadness hit her.

"On Natasha's head," Yelena shook it off, looking back at Katerina, "so it's okay. I was fine after, so- so was Nat." Was she?

"R-really? I-I'm so-"

"No more apologizing. Now go shower. We can watch a Disney movie or whatever shit- I mean crap you kids like." 

Katerina smiled, her glossy green eyes now brightened. 

"There it is," Yelena grinned, bending down to sweep up the glass.

[1.19.22]

i hope you all enjoyed! if you have any requests, please let me know! i'm kinda flopping right now, but i'd rather write than do my homework! god, 7th grade's a bitch. love you 3000.