08 | Temporary Fix

Harry's POV

also besties, when it says, play the song linked above because I promise you, it makes this scene worlds better!

//

13th September 2014

My eyes are trained on her lips, so full and so flushed as they brush against the chilled glass of her sweet cocktail.

It's as though I'm addicted to her, a substance I don't know what's hidden within, whether it be poison or an antidote.

Because I don't know her, not really.

Everything there is to know about the woman she's become is unknown to me. I know of her past, the girl she used to be a long time ago. Yet, I feel like the universe has drawn lines through our parallel worlds to bring us to this moment. So here I am, an addict for a stranger. In complete awe of everything she once was and has become.

Always, Nancy has been an unnatural force of nature, too gorgeous to be real. But this is different. She;s become so much more even if I never thought it to be possible. Seeing how a fresh maturity has blossomed within her, evolving her into something so beautiful.

After all this time that has passed between us, I cannot quite wrap my head around the idea- no, the fact, that she's actually sitting opposite me, be it in a dingy club that has an odd smell lingering in the air.

Not that it bothers me in the slightest, because with every tilt of her head or giggle that slips through, her hair emits this delicious waft of perfume that invades my senses in the most deliberate and desirable way.

I pick up two of the red shots in front of me, passing one to Nance and holding the other for myself. "It's your favourite." I smirk as the smell of the sour shot begins to make it's way up my nose and into my brain, most certainly frying the circuits and throwing any moral compass out of the window.

It's going to be a long fucking night if I have to constantly remind myself not to pounce on her at any given moment. Watching her tipsy eyes glimmer under the LED lighting isn't helping with the fact I need to stay at a safe distance until she shows me she's comfortable for more.

For whatever reason she's deemed, she's given me a chance I whole-heartedly do not deserve, but I'm not about to fuck that up like the last time I did.

Knowing I slept with her without even realising it was her, kills a piece of me each and every time I think about it. I hate that I didn't know. I can't decide what I'm more mad at myself over, the fact I didn't recognise her, or the fact we were both somewhat drunk and I didn't give her the treatment she deserved.

I should've known.

How did I not?

I should've fucking known.

It plays on my mind far too often, which also means I'll frequently find myself having to take a cold shower to rid my body of the memory she's left. The feeling of our intimacy has left an imprint on me I don't think I'll ever be able to shake.

"Bold of you to assume you know my favourite. You know, considering." The words roll off her tongue like she's scolding me, but there's a fire there that's flirtatious and I can't deny that the tone of her voice can be felt throughout my body in places that don't even make sense. And I'm suddenly made aware that my jeans feel a little tighter than they did five minutes ago.

She's not even facing me right now and I know she's trying to play nonchalantly. I should be offended, it was her intention. So the question as to why I can't wipe the massive fucking smile that's spread across my face while her demenor is playing cold as ice is beyond me.