The Chosen One

"HARRY POTTER"

Harry sat there in shock. One of his worst nightmares had just come true. His heart started pounding, he started breathing very heavily and he was visibly shaking. Not caring that the whole school was watching him, He brought his knees to his face and tried to be as small as possible. Breath, Breath, He tried to calm himself down before his panic attack got worse. It didn't work.

"HARRY POTTER, GET UP HERE!"

Harry flinched hard as Dumbledore's voice boomed. He slowly got up, aware everyone was looking at him.

"Cheat"

"He's too young"

"That's not fair"

More voices rang out as Harry approached Dumbledore. He tried to tune them out, but more voices joined.

"SILENCE"

Harry flinched again at Dumbledore's voice. After what seemed like hours of walking, Harry reached Dumbledore.

"Well, through the door, Harry," Dumbledore said with a frown.

Harry walked past the teacher's table. He was aware that they were all staring at him, but he didn't make any type of gesture. Once he went through the door, he entered a smaller room, which was filled with paintings of witches and wizards.

The other champions were all huddled together by the fire. They looked at Harry in confusion.

"What is it?" Cedric asked.

Harry didn't have an answer. He just stared at the ground.

"Do zey need us back in ze Hall again? Fleur said, annoyed at the silence of the small boy.

Harry said nothing. He didn't know how to explain what had just happened. Just then, He heard Dumbledore come in. As Harry turned around, he saw Dumbledore running toward him.

"Did you put your name in the Goblet of Fire? Dumbledore said, shoving Harry to the wall and gripping his shirt.

"N-n-no," Harry said, flinching at the unexpected touch.

"Did you ask an older student to put it in for you?"

"N-no sir, I-I swear"

Just then Professor McGonagall walked in and gasped at what she saw.

"Albus put the poor boy down! Can't you see you're scaring him?" she yelled.

Dumbledore put Harry down expecting to get back up. Harry just laid there bringing his knees to his head. He looked like he was expecting to get hit.

"Harry dear, are you ok? Professor McGonagall asked, worried about the shaking 14-year-old boy.

"I'm f-fine," Harry responded. He slowly got up, embarrassed for his little show.

"What iz happening? Fleur asked.

"What do you mean, Professor Dumbledore? Cedric asked.

Just then, Ludo Bagman entered the little room.

(A/N, most of this part is directly from the book. Some parts I changed for my story)

"Extraordinary!" he muttered, squeezing Harry's arm." Absolutely extraordinary! Ladies and Gentlemen," he paused, "May I introduce the fourth Triwizard Tournament champion... Harry Potter!

"What is ze meaning of zis?" Fleur asked.

"He's only a fourth year!" Cedric said.

Krum thought that Mr. Bagman was joking. "Oh, vairy funny joke, Mester Bagman!

"No, no it's not a joke! Harry's name came out of the Goblet!"

All the three champions looked angry and confused. Their headmasters entered the room, all fuming with anger.

"What is ze meaning of zis, Dumbly-dorr?" Madame Maxime said.

"I'd rather like to know myself, Dumbledore," added Professor Karkaroff. He had a steely smile and blue eyes that looked like chips of ice. "Two Hogwarts champions? I don't remember anyone telling me the host school can do whatever they want to even if it breaks the rules?" He said with a short, nasty laugh.

"C'est impossible," said Madame Maxime. "'Ogwarts cannot 'have two champions. It iz most unjust."

"It is no one's fault but Potter's, Karkaroff," said Dumbledore, looking at Harry with a glare. "He has gotten into a lot of mischief here at Hogwarts and I almost expected this to happen"

Harry looked shocked at what the Headmaster was saying about him.

"Enough, Albus. Leave the poor boy alone." McGonagall said, shooting an angry glare at Dumbledore. She turned to Harry and said "Why don't you get and get to bed, dear. We will sort this out."

Harry nodded and walked out as fast as he could out of the little room. He wanted to run but he didn't want to attract any attention. Thankfully, all the students had already left. Harry sped to the Gryffindor dorms as fast as he could. He could feel tears in the corners of his eyes.

As soon as Harry got past the Fat Lady, he was met with almost all the Gryffindor students. Harry froze, not sure what to do. Ron and Seamus were blocking the boys' dorms.

Author's Note 📝

Hehe, cliffhanger.

Don't worry, I will update soon. Thank you so much for reading. I hope you have enjoyed it. Remember, I am open to any suggestions or ideas.

Bye 👋