three

YOUR EYES WIDENED, at the familiar voice, your hand quivering slightly as you held the phone

"taiju..." your voice was low but clear for him to hear, and he just chuckled at the tinge of surprise in your voice.

"where have you been?!" you had been wondering about his sudden disappearance for weeks, if not nearly a month. he just left all of a sudden, without saying anything or leaving a note, but as far as you remember taiju told you before that he had a problem with his business, but you know that it is something more than that.

perhaps because he's linked with bonten?

"i'm on a trip,"he replied, and you almost roll your eyes at how phony his response is.

"make it atleast more believable.." you mumbled, as he just reacted with a low chuckled.

"why did you call?"

"can't i?"

"you're no fun, you're always lying." you know taiju well enough to know that he never calls someone at random, especially this late at night unless it is for something more important and serious.

"we were worried about your disappearance because you went so abruptly, is there a problem? are you okay? where are you now?"

"have you called your siblings?" you peppered him with questions.

"we're not that close, it really doesn't matter," he replied. that was simply his response to the questions you asked him, but it was enough to wash away your worries.

"you should tell them that you are fine; if you don't want to tell them that in person, i could do it for y-"

you paused when he interrupted you, his tone is becoming more serious.

"(y/n)?"

"oh?"

"i actually disappeared for some reason, doll. i don't want to tell you why because i don't wanna get you in trouble, but...." he paused. "you know bonten right?"

"b-bonten? uhm.. ofcourse," you replied, nervously. your heart pounding and your lips quivering as the anxiety began to rise within you.

"have you met any of the members by chance?"

"i was working at the club they owned, but didn't see them there very often, until this night.. i was the one who served their drinks at the time, as there were only two of them."

"you didn't talk to them, did you? or did they inflict harm on you?"

"no, i was just serving them that time," you lied, heart still pounding crazily as if it will explode any seconds. "why, taiju?"

"nothing, doll. just asking.." he spoke making you silent for a brief moment

"i heard that you were working in their club so i was worried about your situation," he added, a faint smile spread across your lips.