five

chapter five     

THE SUN WAS LOW in the sky, casting long shadows across the backyard. the grass was still damp from last night's rain, and a gentle breeze blew, rustling the leaves of the nearby trees.

your heart weighs heavily with grief, as tears fall down your cheeks like a river. you try to wipe your tears, but they seem to have a mind of their own. in one hand, you hold your beloved hamster that has passed away.
you sit there for a while, feeling the weight of the loss. you try to stay strong, but the pain is overwhelming.

suddenly, you hear footsteps approaching. you look up, hoping for some comfort, some sign that everything will be okay. but you're not sure if anyone will ever understand what you're going through.

"so? done crying already?" you looked at the blonde boy infront of you with a usual bored expression on his face.

his blonde hair is messy and falling into his face, his skin is slightly tanned, and his amethyst eyes are narrowed in disapproval. despite his cold demeanor, you can sense a hint of concern lurking beneath the surface.

"i stopped crying," as you look at him closer, you can see the faint traces of a frown etched into his lips, making him look even more mean and unapproachable.

"tsk," clicking his tongue in annoyance

"so are you done crying?" he asks in a bored and indifferent tone, as if the entire situation is a burden to him.

feeling embarrassed, you quickly try to compose yourself. but as soon as you look down at your dead hamster, the tears begin to fall again, this time even harder than before.

"Tsk.. so annoying," he mutters, his eyes fixed on you with a look of annoyance, as if he can't believe he's actually dealing with such a situation.

"my beloved hamster is dead! brother mucho didnt-..... di... didn't mean to.. he stepped on my hamster.. accidentally.."

he tries to stifle a smirk as you explain the circumstances of how your beloved hamster passed away. "he stepped on your hamster.. accidentally? tsk, that's just ridiculous! accidents happen," he chuckles, not taking your grief seriously.

you began to cry harder

his expression is one of annoyance as he looks at you, his droopy eyes almost conveying pity. but deep down, he is concerned for you and wants to be there for you, even if he doesn't show it.

his eyes soften slightly as he approaches you, and his grip on your cheek is gentle as he wipes away your tears.

"i will bury the hamster," he told you with a reassuring tone. "don't worry, i'll take care of it."

your cheeks felt warm as you looked into his eyes, and you noticed the faintest hint of a blush on him. you took a deep breath and squeezed his hand tightly for comfort.

but just as quickly as the moment had started, it came to an end. "shut up," he grumbled, looking away with a tinge of embarrassment in his voice.

"i don't wanna die like my hamster," you said.

"stop overthinking and why are you even thinking you would die in such way?"

"i don't wanna dieeee!"

"you won't so shut up," he looked at you as if you were such a weird person.

"if i die, i would be separated from you," you spoke, sadness evident in your tone.

he cleared his throat trying to get your attention.