Chapter Uno

Just to clarify before I start this has elements of the original storyline but obviously has a few own ideas in it.

I walk to the edge of the village and look over.

"Great, where do I go now?" I look around for someone to ask for help and I come across this girl singing to herself.

"life in the family Madrigal" she sings under her breath. She's really pretty with fluffy brown hair and green glasses.

"Uhm, excuse me?" I say, tapping her shoulder. "Do you know where the 'lonely cottage' is?" I ask.

"Ill show you, I'm Mirabel!" She says.

"I'm y/n. nice to meet you Mirabel." I say, my mouth barely moving. She seems so happy, I've almost forgotten what its like to be happy. Its been 3 weeks since the accident and I still feel numb with pain, that's why I'm staying with my Tia Zara in Columbia.

"So how come you need to go to the lonely cottage, If you don't mind me asking?" Mirabel asks, looking at me.

"Im moving in with my Tia. Its a longterm thing." I say looking down. Mirabel points at a small cottage on the edge of the village.

"Looks like were neighbors, I live right there!" She says pointing to the giant house next to mine.

"That's cool. It was nice meeting you Mirabel." I say, turning towards the cottage.

"You too, I expect to see you and Tia Zara tonight?" She says smiling.

"How do you know my Aunt?" I ask, looking confused.

"Her and my mama are really close, so we spend lunch with her every day, not today though, gotta prepare for the ceremony."

"What ceremony?" I ask

"Tia Zara will explain everything."

"Okay well, i'll talk to you tonight then!" I say, almost letting out a smile as I walk away. I walk up the pathway to the cottage. There are flowers everywhere. Its beautiful. I knock on the pastel blue door and a familiar face opens it.

"Y/n!" She says, and opens her arms for a hug.

"Tia Zara!" I say as I wrap my arms round her. She takes me inside and helps me set up my room. She explains about the Madrigal family and their powers and about the ceremony tonight.

"Well, that sounds fun I guess." I say, staring at her. She frowns and looks me up and down.

"We need to get you a new wardrobe." She says.

"Whats wrong with my outfit? Its practical."

"Well, Jeans and a shirt don't really match the vibe do they?" She laughs. She stands up and walks off. A few minutes later, she walks back in with a pile of dresses. she picks one out and hands it to me.

"You can wear this for tonight, tomorrow we can get you some of your own dresses."

(btw the dress is at the beginning on the top if yk what I mean)

*Gonna do a time jump to tonight*

Me and Tia Zara walked, linked arms towards the Madrigal house. There was a huge wave of people making their way to the house. As we walk in the doorway, a boy around my age was greeting people at the door with hugs. He began walking towards us and gave Tia Zara a hug.

"Welcome Tia Zara." He says grinning. He turns to me and opens his arms and I dodge him and carry on walking. Well that was embarrassing. Tia Zara runs up to me and gives me a look.