New meetings

Everyday it was the same for Alice

Everyday it was the same for Alice. She would awake when the sun would set, and hide in her exhibit until the sun would rise. Ever since she had been brought from England to here she was scared to explore the new world around her.

   Alice didn't mind being alone. She grew up with 8 siblings so, the quiet was something she enjoyed. What terrified her from coming out of her exhibit was the ruckus she would here every night. It always sounded like a full fledged war going on.

   Besides every night one of the night guards would sneak in and bring her a new book. Something that excited her. Alice would get a book right after sunset and finish it before sunrise. It was her routine and one she was happy with. So when woke up after the sunset, she expected this night to be the same as any other. However, she was sadly mistaken.

     Alice had waited well passed the normal time Cecil came to bring her, her daily book. "Maybe he's not coming or maybe he forgot," Alice mumbled to herself as she paced back and forth in her exhibit.

    Alice heard the door open and she whipped around with a smile, only for it to fall slightly. "Hi, I-I'm Larry, Larry Daley. I'm supposed to bring you a new book or something," the man introduced himself.

    "Larry? What happened to Cecil?" Alice questioned confused.

    "He retired, I'm the new night guard," Larry explained before handing the brunette a book. "It's a copy of Pride and Prejudice," Larry explained.

    "Thank you, I haven't read this copy, I believe," Alice smiled kindly.

      "You're not like the other exhibits, are you?"  Larry asked with a smile.

    "I'm afraid that I can not answer your question, I have never left my exhibit. I do not know what it is like out there," Alice answered as she kept her gaze to the floor.

   "Wait, you've never left this room? So you don't know about the dinosaur or the Huns?" Larry questioned surprised.

     "I'm afraid not, Mr. Daley," Alice shook her head.

    "Why haven't you explored?" Larry asked.

       "I-I don't know, I suppose I'm frightened of what awaits me beyond these walls," Alice answered before letting out a small sigh. "Thank you for the book, Mr. Daley. Shall I see you tomorrow evening?" Alice asked with a small smile.

     "Yeah I'll be here and please call me Larry," the night guard nodded.

      "Only if you call me Alice," the princess gave him a kind smile before sitting in her chair, and opening the book Larry had gave her.

********************************************

     A few hours had passed when Alice heard the door open again. The brunette quickly turned to see a small monkey running over to her and crawling into her lap.

   "Well, hello there," Alice smiled at the monkey.
"Aren't you adorable," the princess grinned as she picked the monkey up so he stood in her hands. The monkey made a small noise before crawling up and giving Alice a kiss on the cheek.

     "It's almost sunrise, you should head back to where you came from," Alice smiled before picking the monkey up and placing him on the ground. The monkey turned around and gave the princess a sad look before running out the doors.

     Alice sighed and got up to close the doors. The princess quickly hid her copy of the book Larry brought her behind the curtain. She then quickly turned around a sat in the chair just as the was starting to rise. As the sun hit her face she fell asleep turning back into her wax like state.

********************************************

   It was now night and the sun had set. Alice woke up and her wax like state had faded away. Standing up Alice saw the same monkey that came to her last night.

     "Well, hello again," the princess bent down and picked up the monkey giving him a peck on the cheek. The monkey smiled before grabbing the girls finger and pulling her towards the door.

    "W-Wait, I don't think I wan-," Alice shook her head but the monkey kept pulling her, trying to get her to go through the door. "Listen my friend," Alice bent down closer to his level. "I've never left this room, what if something bad happens out there? Or they don't like me?" the princess started to panic. The monkey shook his head and kept pulling her towards the door.

   "Okay! Okay!" Alice laughed and followed him out the door.

    When Alice walked out of her exhibit she was in awe. There were so many people and creatures. "Alice!" the princess heard someone call her name. The brunette quickly turned around to see Larry walking towards her.

  "Larry! It is good to see you," Alice smiled.

    "Yeah, so you finally came out of your exhibit, huh?" Larry asked.

   "Oh, yes, there was this little monkey and I think we've become good friends. He was the one who insisted that I came out of my exhibit," Alice answered.

    "Well, I think you should meet some people, you know, make some friends," Larry told the princess.

   "Who did you have in mind?" Alice questioned with a confused face.

   "Just follow me," the night guard before walking off, leaving the princess to follow after him.

      Larry led the princess into another room where there was a man with a mustache and glasses looking through binoculars.

   "Hey Teddy," Larry called out.

     "Lawerence! You impertinent pup, I knew you'd come back. You look like a man on a mission," the man, Teddy smiled.

   "Yeah, I'm gonna give it another shot," Larry shrugged. "Teddy, I want you to meet Princess Alice," Larry gestured to where Alice was standing. "Alice this is Teddy," Larry continued.

     "It's a pleasure to meet you your highness," Teddy bowed with a friendly smile.

   "Please call me Alice," the princess gave him a kind smile.

  "You, uh.." Larry gestured to a woman who was in a glass case.

   "What?" Teddy questioned.

    "You checking her out?" Larry asked. Alice gave him a confused look.

   "Oh the nerve, Checking her out? I've never heard of such a thing," Teddy scoffed causing Alice to let out a small laugh.

   "No, no, no, I just-I mean cause you know she's very beautiful," Larry stammered causing Alice to laugh even harder at the two.

    "Beautiful? Ah. I know," Teddy shrugged before looking back through his binoculars. "Rather handsome woman, I suppose," Teddy said when he looked away.

     "I don't know, maybe you should go talk to her," Alice smiled at the former president.

      "Indeed!" Teddy exclaimed. "Bless you! Carry on," Teddy grinned at the two. Larry shook his head and walked off causing Alice to follow after him.