1.3

"Wait wait wait." I tapped Maccus on his shoulder before he shouted out orders to the others. He turned around to look at me expectantly. "Is there someplace where the previous captains hid stuff?" I'm not about to call treasure booty. Maccus leaned onto the ship's barnacle covered railing and nodded. 

"Ole Captin Jones used to hide them in a cove not far from here. He used it since the cove would be hidden by a high tide. It's quite far from the desert." That was perfect. Still, why would the captain of the Flying Dutchman need a place to stash his booty? Damn it, now I sounded stereotypical. Maybe he had a collection of rare fish? 

"Do you know where it is?" I asked. No one could enter Davy Jones's locker without myself or Calypso knowing. Wait, how did I know that? I felt another surge and the ship groaned. I-I knew where it was. I knew...where everything was. Everything that the ocean covered, down to the algae. I grabbed my forehead. This was too much at once. 

"Hmm, I know the Captin didn't want us knowing what was in there, so we had the Dutchman wait no far from it." I nodded slowly while rubbing my forehead. 

"Head there, then Africa." 

I left him and walked back to my room. I should explore the ship, yet it felt like I knew every plank of wood, every cannon, every barnacle. I knew this ship. I leaned against the wall to my side, gasped, and grasped my shirt. What was happening to me? Was this some side effect of cutting out my heart? The Flying Dutchman started to move, I could feel it as the ship glided over the crystal clear water. 

I continued walking, taking steady steps. Calypso said that I would take on personifications of the sea, did that mean I would turn into a monster like the other four? I-I didn't want to be a monster. 

I didn't want to-

Someone was on the ship. It wasn't Maccus or the others. This presence felt different, yet still familiar. I decided to follow it, which was probably stupid given that I didnt have a weapon on me. Taking light steps, I walked past my room, towards the back of the ship. Soon, only a door made up of driftwood blocked my way. 

I slowly started to push it, when I sensed someone behind me. I closed my eyes. 

It was Pacifico appearing from the walls. 

"We have arrived Captin." His deep voice said. I stopped pushing on the door, and turned my head towards him. 

"Thank you Pacifico." 

I allowed the door to close shut. I gave it one last look before I walked away. 

-*-

The Dutchman stopped a few leagues away from a giant sea cliff. It easily dwarfed the Flying Dutchman, so I had to look up to see the top. The four members of my crew gathered around me. I looked at them and pointed my thumb at it. 

"You mean I have to search for the stupid cove myself?" 

They all nodded in unison. I sighed and leaned against the railing, the wind causing my hair to fly in my face, yet the Dutchman did not move. It stayed quiet and still in the ocean's water. Only the sails fluttered and moved about. 

"Captin Jones didn't want the crew knowing its exact location." Ogilvey spoke up, his lone eye kinda creeping me out. I hope I didn't end up looking like any of them. 

I sighed again and nodded. 

"So how do I find it? Can we get the Dutchman closer?" 

Crash shook his head this time, looking a bit fearful. 

"Fine." I started to climb the railing, and sat on it, ready to jump off. Good thing Mom made me take swimming classes when I was younger. Wait a minute. I turned to Maccus. "Is there anyone else on the ship?" 

They all stared at each other for a few seconds. Maccus looked scared as he stared at me in the eyes. 

"There's...a soul onboard. He refused to leave back when Captin Turner offered to guide him go the other side." Right, and Jones didn't do his job right most likely. Why is the Dutchman being haunted? That's supposed to be my job! I looked back at the water, staring at my reflection. This red coat looked pretty nice on me though. Pacifico and Ogilvey handed me my heart chest. 

"I'll deal with it when I get back." I mumbled, and I jumped into the ocean, holding the chest close. 

Surprisingly, I didn't drown. Now I just needed to find that stupid cove. 

-*-

It felt like forever, but I eventually found the dang thing. I felt a small urge in the back of my head, directing me. The Dutchman felt alive. 

Normally when you walk in water, your steps feel heavy and weighed down. That clearly didn't apply to me as I took another step. The cove was an unassuming thing. It looked like a hole stuck in the rock wall. 

Walking in water felt refreshing, my hair floating around me. I approached the cove. Half of it was flooded, with aquatic flora covering the walls. After a few more minutes, my eyes widened. 

Chest filled with treasure, others with swords covered in sea creatures, and a few more tightly shut. Damn, what was Jonesy doing with all of this stuff? It's not like he had a social life. He definitely didn't need all of this stuff. After placing my heart near the back of the cove, I decided to look around. The metal chest was made to be in the water so my heart should be safe here. 

Glancing at the chest full of gold, I walked over to the chest full of weapons. I was definitely going to need a sword. Opening it up, my shoulders sagged. Why did they all need to have barnacles and shit on them? Still, it was better than nothing I guess. Let's see, that's an axe, that sword is too big for me, that's a sawfish's snout, ooo I like this one. I pulled out a skinny light sword, its handle and the blade covered in sea stuff, but the metal was still visible. 

I'll use this for now. At least until I get something much better. I decided to search into the other chest. One of them had more gold, and another had an assortment of various weapons like giant hooks. I looked up from that one. There was one more chest I didn't check yet. Opening it slowly, my eyes widened. I carefully reached it, and pulled out a beautiful flute. It reminded me of Mom…

If I wasn't underwater I'm sure I would have cried a few tears. I stared at the gorgeous flute, which looked like it was formed from coral, and decided that it was mine now. 

Yup, it's definitely mine now. I reached the mouth of the cove and cursed. 

I have to walk back now. Well, swim if you want to be exact. 

-*-

It didn't take as long this time since I knew exactly where the Dutchman was. It was also surprisingly easy to climb the side of my ship. I wish there was some way I could teleport anywhere I wanted. The Dutchman groaned again, the driftwood creaking. Really? I could! I should try that out later. 

My four fishmen were playing a game of dice when I finished climbing over the railing, the sword at my side and flute in my mouth. Dont ask how it tasted! Uponing hearing me, they all jumped up to look at me. 

Straightening my red coat, which despite being wet made me feel even more comfortable, I pointed my sword at Maccus. 

"Take me to the soul." 

A/N

Ahaha cliffhangerrr. 

According to the POTC wiki Davy Jones was a clairvoyant knowing stuff that he shouldn't normally know as well as knowing the exact location of the Black Pearl. 

So far it seems Taylor would be a Brute, Mover, Thinker, Master, Trump, Master, and possibly Shaker. 

 That's a lot now that I'm writing them out. 

Next time, we shall see who the soul is