Set Me Free~Chapter 4

All I could see was darkness. No pain. No light. I looked around trying to figure out where I was. As I kept looking around for anything, or anyone, I saw a mirror. I was curious, so I walked towards it, my steps slow and steady. As my feet carried me there, I looked at my reflection. I was wearing a white dress that was ruffled at the bottom, near the chest area there were golden gems scattered all around. As I examined my reflection I saw no cuts, no bruises, no scars. My hair was up down to my thigh and it was washed, finally. It was in beautiful curls. My skin was glowing and my eyes were lighter, happier, more alive. Too bad this wasn't real. As I kept staring at myself my reflection faded away and a flashback started.

I was on the carpet, playing with my Barbies, I was only five or six at the time. My hair were in two pigtails on each side of my head. I was wearing a yellow sundress and purple socks. My parents were watching T.V, while my moms head was on my dads shoulder, my dad was playing with her hair. My mom looked like she was about to fall asleep any second. My mom was wearing pajamas, and her red and blonde hair was sprawled all around my daddy's shoulder. Her greenish-blue eyes were barely open and her rosy lips were slightly parted. Her bones on her cheeks were shining from the light that was sparkling from above us. On the other hand, my daddy was still in his work clothes. He was wearing a red button shirt, while wearing khakis. He had white socks on that were up to his ankles, and he rolled up his sleeves to his elbows. My dad glanced at my mom, and a smile formed on his face. He had brown eyes, but they looked black. He had chapped lips, his nose was pointy. His hair was light brown, but there were white hairs scattered here and there.

"Honey come on it's time to go to bed." My dad said lovingly to my mother, a sparkle was shining in his eyes.

My mom made a weird sound, snuggling her head deeper into his shoulder, while closing her eyes. My dad chuckled, and lifted her up, carrying her like she was a baby. He stood up with her in his arms.

"Wait Blake, I have to get Celina ready for bed." My mom said, while opening her eyes.

"Don't worry about it, I got her, you need your rest." My dad said while walking up the stairs, still carrying my mom.

I kept playing with my Barbies. After a couple of minutes have passed by my dad came back downstairs, with happiness showing on his face.

"Come on sweetpea, it's time to go to sleep." My dad said while crouching down to my level. Even though I wasn't that tired, I still obeyed. I put my Barbies in the toy box and went up the stairs, taking one step at a time. As I was walking up the stairs I was singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. My dad turned off the TV, and his heavy footsteps echoed through the house. I made it to my room. My walls were painted yellow. I had posters of my favorite TV shows, like Spongebob Squarepants, Team Umizoomi, and Max and Ruby. My dad went into my walk in closet, and grabbed a pair of pajamas. As he came closer to me he outstretched his hands and handed me them. The pajamas were blue and it had frogs wearing a crown.

"Thanks daddy!" I said, while grabbing my pajamas from his hand. I discarded my yellow sundress I wore before and put on my frog pajamas, I also took off my off my socks. I jumped on my bed and snuggled my head deep into the pillow. My dad tucked me in with my orange blanket.

"Can you read me a bedtime story daddy?" I pleaded, with puppy dog eyes.

"Sure thing, anything for my little princess!" My dad said while walking to my shelf, and grabbing a thin book. He came back, and lifted up the covers. He slid next to me and covered himself with my blanket.

"This is called Green Eggs and Ham." My dad said while reading the cover.

"Eww thats gross daddy! Do you eat that every morning?" I said disgusted. He chuckled

"No honey I'm allergic." He opened up to the first page of the book and started reading. After ten minutes or so, he finished reading. I was slowly dozing off into sleep.

"I love you sweetie." My dad said, while pecking my forehead.

"I love you to daddy." I said, grinning, closing my eyes. He stood up from the bed and tucked me in...again. He left the room slowly closing the door and turning off the light. Sleep was consuming me, so I dozed off, with a slight smile on my face.