Set Me Free~Chapter 5

NOT EDITED
•••••••••••••••••••••
The flashback ended and I was back in the dark room. The mirror showed my reflection and I saw tears streaming down my face, and a slight smile was plastered on there. I missed those days when I was carefree and not abused. I walked away from the mirror and walked around the room. I tried finding something, but I couldn't. I gave up and just walked back to the mirror. Staring intently at myself, the mirror changed again into another flashback.

Flashback:

My dad was pacing in the living room. His eyebrows were scrunched up and he had his phone close to his ear, waiting for someone to pick up. I was on the couch reading a book for school, glancing at my dad every now and then. I was only ten at the time. My mom wasn't home she was supposed to be here two hours ago, but she didn't come and she wouldn't answer her calls.

"Answer!" My dad shouted into the phone, slamming it onto the coffee table in front of me. He sat down next to me, putting his hands over his face, his feet shaking.

I put my bookmark on the page I was reading and put the book on the coffee table next to my dads phone.

"Dad where's mom?" I asked nervously staring at my dad waiting for an answer.

"I don't know! I tried reaching her phone but it goes straight to voicemail! I even contacted her work and they said she left two hours ago." My dad said, throwing his hands up in the air, his face red and tears welling up into his eyes.

I hugged my dad and said everything will be okay. I rocked him back and forth. His head was on my right shoulder, his body shaking uncontrollably. I would sometimes hear sniffles, and something wet on my shoulder.

My dad was crying.

We stayed like this for at least ten minutes until we heard the doorbell ring. My dad stood up from the couch and walked slowly to the door, I was following closely behind.

My dad opened the door and there were two police officers standing next to each other, both with serious looks on their faces. One police officer looked like he was in his thirties, the other one looked like he was in his twenties.

"Are you Blake Rosemary?" The thirty year old officer said looking down at a piece of paper from his hands.

"Yes I am, what happened?" My dad said, scared.

"I'm sorry to say this but your wife Kaitlyn Rosemary had died in a car crash at approximately 4:30 pm today. It was a hit and run, we are still investigating who the person who hit her is, but us officers think it was a drunk driver. We will contact you as soon as we can. I'm sorry for your loss." The officer said sadly, the other police officer looking down at me with sorrow and pity in his eyes.

By now I was crying hysterically, and my dad just stood there frozen in shock. I kept crying thinking I will never see my mom again. I fell to my knees and kept crying. By now I was sobbing. The police officer who stared at me with pity and sorrow came inside the house and held me tightly, telling me that everything will be ok.

My dad has finally regained from the shocking news and thanked the police officer. The officer that was holding me, let me go and stood up, helping me up. I was still crying but I was keeping my tears down to a minimum. The police officers said their last sorrows and left.

My dad slammed the door shut, turning slowly towards me. He walked cautiously towards me and I was still crying. Before I knew it, there was a stinging pain across my cheek. I stopped crying and held my cheek, staring at my dad like he was a maniac.

"W-why d-did y-y-you d-do th-th-that." I stuttered hoarsely, from crying to much and from the shock.

"It's all your fault she died, it should've been you then her! I hate you!" My dad yelled in my face.

I was completely and utterly in shock, hurt, and wonder. I never thought this would happen to me. I just hope this is a dream and I will wake up. I started to cry again and I shut my eyes closed, afraid to look into my dads eyes. I crouched down onto the floor and took deep shaky breaths.

Then, I felt a harsh sharp kick on my rib. I opened my eyes and screamed bloody murder. I saw my dad with fury and he was smirking deviously. He kept kicking me over and over again on the same spot. I felt something warm and wet trickling down my side.

Five minutes have passed and my dad has still kept on kicking and kicking and kicking. I was slowly losing consciousness and my side kept throbbing and hurting me. I stopped screaming because every time I would scream he would kick harder. My dad finally stopped kicking and as he passed by me he spit right in my face.

"It's all your fault!" He said one last time. He kicked my head and everything blacked out.