Realisation

I had a sinking feeling in my gut. He was cheating on me. Just like how he did to her all those years ago. Our marriage had been falling apart for a while now. He wanted success, He craved it; and I wouldnt mind that but he expected me to sit back and be happy residing in his shadow as if I didn't want to make something of myself as well.

I knew what I had to do. It had been coming all along getting closer and closer as I chose to ignore it. I had to get a divorce.

Thankfully we never had kids, he was always too busy for that and I knew everything would be left to me so I decided to wait, maybe, I thought, maybe someday he would want to settle down a bit. Maybe once he had gotten sick of the late night's in the hospital that turned into early mornings. Maybe he would miss me and spend more time with me. Maybe he would move back to seattle. Instead of visiting every second weekend.

I was wrong.

I will never forget the night I rang him and instead of hearing his voice on the other side of the phone I heard the voice of a perky intern "Dr. Shepherd can't come to the phone right now he's.........busy" she said with a giggle and that was it.

I hung up the phone and sat on my bed numb. I guess what the redhead had said to me over a decade ago had been true. You really do know when there's another woman screwing your husband.

******************

As I lay in my bed, seconds turned into minutes and minutes turned to hours.

About two hours after the phone call I received a message from Derek.

Derek:
I'm not going to make it home this weekend im busy

Me:
I want a divorce

Derek:
Why?

Me:
Don't play dumb you know why

He read the last message. I know he did. My phone says he did and yet he just ignored it because he knew I knew and he knew it was over and that no amount of convincing or apologising would fix this the trainwreck that was our marriage.

I threw my pillow across the room and picked up my phone again. This time to see if the seattle grace lady chiefs fancied a night of drinking games and gossip. It would be a good distraction.

Lucky for me they all agreed to come and were on the doorstep of me and Derek's 'dreamhouse' within an hour. Callie and Arizona arrived first followed by Cristina and Teddy, Amelia and Maggie, Izzie and April, Lexie and her friend Jaz.

Once they all filled into the house and grabbed drinks we settled down on the couch, ready for the gossip to begin.

"So Grey, why did you summon us here?" Callie asked

"Derek is cheating and I need a distraction" I deadpan drinking my tequila shot.

"Im so sorry mer" Lexie said as she sat down beside me pulling me in for a hug

"It was bound to happen eventually afterall it is his style" i say thinking back to that night over a decade ago when Dereks wife, whom I knew nothing about, showed up just before we were leaving for our date.

"His style?" Jaz asked. She was new to seattle and never heard the tales of my intern year at seattle grace hospital "sorry if that came across as insensitive" she followed up giving me a sorrowful look and I just smiled back.

"You havent heard the story of seattle graces greatest love triangle?" Teddy asked in excitement

"Nope" Jaz replied popping the p