Prologue

It was a bright, warm morning and everyone was sitting down, enjoying they're breakfast. It has been a month since Bruno came back, and the casita was rebuilt. Alma was giving everyone there assignments for the day.

"Now, all of you have your jobs to do, so you all must get to it. " Alma says, looking at everyone.

"La Familia Madrigals!" Everyone says, as they leave their chairs to start their work.

"Bunito. Can you stay for a minute? We have much to discuss."

Bruno looked at his Mama, he automatically thought he did something wrong.

"S-Si Mama.."

"Hijo, you have nothing to worry about, you did nothing wrong." Alma says, giving Bruno a comforting smile. "Sit back down, come sit."

Bruno sat back down in his chair.

"S-So what do you wa-wish to speak about m-mama?" Bruno stuttered.

"Do you ever wish to find a wife?"

Out of all the things Alma could ask, that was the thing that he was not expecting. The thought of getting married flustered him. It made him nervous.

"No, m-mama I-I never thought about it.."

Alma sighs.

"Nobody ever caught your interest?"

"No.. and even if someone did, everyone in the village hates me, or fears me. I wouldn't want my wife to be afraid of me. Kinda kills the romance and my desire to look for romance.."

Bruno would never tell his mother this, but women scare him. He's scared of asking her out, she says no. He's also scared of her saying yes. And she stands him up and literally anything could happen.

"My dear Bunito, you must be more social, I am sure that there are many suitable ladies in the village that think you'd make a fine husband. "

"There is nothing to be afraid of, Bruno." Julieta says surprising Bruno,

"I mean, I'm not sure if I even wanna get married.."

"Why?"

"Mama, I just told you. I'm scared to date! And women don't like me, so why bother?"

"Just! Think about finding someone, okay?!"

"Okay mama.."