Chapter 1: Remus

Bruno got away from that very awkward conversation and ran to his best friend's house. Well, human best friend at least, Remus.

Remus was one out of very few townsfolk that he was comfortable to talk to and be himself around. He understood him more than his family and the village ever could. He felt connected to him on a deep level.

Bruno got lost in his head thinking about how amazing Remus is. How sweet he is, how understanding he is.. how.. attractive he is.

He can go on and on about how attractive Remus is but-

Just then the door to Remus's house opens.

"Hola, Bruno!"

"Ho-Hola, Re-Remus! I wa-was wondering if y-you were bu-busy!"

"I'm not, you can come inside if you want,"

"Oh, Ok-Okay.." Bruno walks inside.
"How wa-was your d-day?"

"It was pretty good! I took care of the animals and planted more seeds. Rosa and Camilo came over today. That boy tried to convince me that he was you, I knew that he wasn't you tho."

"H-How did you kn-know?"

"Cause, he didn't stutter when I started talking to him."

Bruno chuckled.

"How was your morning, Bruno?"

"It was good.. but my Mama and I had a very uncomfortable talk this morning.."

"What about? The birds and the bees?"

"Wh-Wha?! N-No! Wh-Why would you th-think that?!" Bruno said all flustered.

"Oh." Remus chuckled."Sorry! What did you guys talk about?"

"We-Well, she asked me if I ever thought about getting married."

"Moms, am I right?"

"Well, I don't blame her. But at the same time, why does she think that I, out of everyone in the madrigal , wants to get married? I left my wall not even a month ago!" Bruno ranted. "And plus, what woman would wanna date a little rat obsessed gremlin, that lived in the walls of the madrigal and that probably smells like caca de rata!"

Remus sniffs Bruno.

"Nah you smell like, some sort of cologne. Smells really good."

Bruno chuckled.

"Gracias, I had the rats lick me clean twice."

Remus and Bruno laughed.

"Just kidding man."

"Do you not realize how attractive you are?" Remus asked.

Bruno's heart skipped a beat. 

Y-You, thi-thinks I'm attra-attractive?!"

"Yeah I'd say your pretty hot for a man who lived in the walls for a decade with rats."

Bruno got really flustered all of a sudden.

"W-wah! Wah-what?! Y-you think I-Im..? You think I'm h-hot?!"

Remus started laughing.

"Oh dear Lord your face is redder than a tomato! All I'm saying is that, you could get it if you tried."

"I mean-"

"¡No más inseguridad! Stop doubting yourself!" Remus said, patting Bruno on the back.

"¿Cómo puedes estar tan seguro?"Bruno asked." And if they are attracted to me they're too scared to say anything?"

"¡Muy bien, eso es todo!" Remus exclaimed."I'm taking you out tonight. No visions, just you and I. You can say that I'm your first date to get your family off your back!"

Bruno blushed.

Dios mío.. DOLORES HEARD THEM.

"Dolores, please don't tell anyone." He said, hoping the girl heard him.