one; babylon, 575 BC

575 BCBABYLON, DEVIANT ATTACK

575 BC
BABYLON, DEVIANT ATTACK

THE GROUND TREMBLED beneath Freya as she watched the Deviants thunder towards the Babylon gates and it's community. Her energy soared through her veins, keeping her in the air as she looked for an opportunity to step in and help.

Despite the warm sun now illuminating the ever blue sky, a darker scene was laying waste on the city floor beneath it, as the Deviants caused havoc in Babylon.

A few of the well known Eternals had fled the safety of their city to dissolve the attack, with one of them flying into the morning sky and throwing themselves onto one of the winged creatures.

Another sped around the small huts and canopies that you'd be greeted by on your entrance to Babylon, only now they were being destroyed by the Deviants as they covered the distance to the gates in a matter of footsteps.

Freya watches as one of the Deviants, strikingly similar to the one she fled just moments earlier, bounded towards the huts and it's people, before being shot down by a bright light.

The creature rolled towards a small hut, before thudding into its wall, unmoving. Freya watched in shock and awe as to how easily the Eternals were stopping these creatures.

Of course, for them, it surely didn't seem all that easy.

Everything she had heard of the Eternals had described them as God's, saviours from the stars. Only God's could be this powerful.

Freya begins to lower herself towards the compound, weighing up her options and attack strategies that she had formulated over the few thousand years she had spent learning of the Eternals and Deviants.

In all the stories she had been told, the children did the best at describing the action. Held safely in their mothers arms from a vantage point, they held the key to understanding how to fight the deviants. For they had seen, with their own eyes, and remembered, how each Eternal had fought one.

So, for thousands of years, Freya had spent her free time training herself in their fighting techniques. The children had described how one of the Eternals, a blonde woman, fought like a champion, with spears and shields.

How she was able to dodge and jump over the creatures with immense force, before using her weapons in an array of strong techniques that always brought her success.

How another, a man who could influence the mind of another, would use his gift to keep the people safe, but when needed, would throw himself into battle, using the spears and knives of the people. He'd weave in and out of the legs of the deviants and stab and slice at them before another Eternal would come to his aid.