two; london, 2024 AD

2024 ADBRIDGE OF THE DEVIANT ATTACK

2024 AD
BRIDGE OF THE DEVIANT ATTACK

A SCENE OF confusion and damage lay waste atop a small river bridge in the centre of London; a minute tattoo shop sat destroyed from the outside, a car sat squashed and caved in, pavement tiles had been pulled from their cement casings, and a million rose petals blew in the wind around the dozens of fearful by passers.

Two police cars blocked one side of the bridge, where two teams of officers were now questioning witnesses of the scene. A fire engine blocks the other side, personnel surveying the damage on the houses and tattoo shop.

Whispers and chatter of a giant creature soaked amongst the people; how a woman made a bus turn into petals, a small girl made a dozen of herself appear, and a man who could fly and shoot lasers from his eyes descended from the sky to fight the creature.

Amongst the wreckage, energy roamed; what remained of the kinetic energy, and what appeared due to the cosmic lay hidden in the tiles and stones that surround the people.

It floated in and around the buildings where the creature had thrown itself, and where it had been attacked by the Eternal who had fought it. Golden cosmic energy, naked to the human eye, bright and liquid in her own.

She could see it clear as day; feel it like a gentle buzz of electricity with every step she takes. It flowed beneath her feet, like water in the cracks of the earth, bubbling away every time her feet hit the ground.

Freya scans the scene in front of her, her eyes, crimson from her energy, seeing and feeling the very power that resides in her own veins.

She walks along the walls, hidden in the shadows of the buildings, running her hand along the windows and doors, feeling the last of the energy dissipate under her touch.

Gold became clear, and then it was gone, sinking into the earth, disappearing in the evening darkness.

Slowly, the scene in front of her began to unfold into a greater image. The heat from Ikaris' eyes fed deep into the cracks beneath her feet, the holes in the walls. Lingering cosmic energy from Sprite's illusions scattered the ground, crawling across the edges of the tiles and the road.

The million rose petals, once another material, blew around in the breeze, courtesy of Sersi.

And the holes in the ground and the buildings, the destroyed structures, the energy that slowly filtered away, provided a harsh reminder of what Freya, and the rest of the Eternals, were now facing.