I am Sans

It was a celebration at Papyrus' as they had a late birthday party for Sans. Sans wanted to be having fun, but... there were other agendas on his to do list. He knew Gaster was getting dangerously close. The doctor was going to want to take him back. He was going to have to make a decision very soon. Well... it wasn't much of a decision in the first place. He knew what he wanted and he was going to FIGHT for it.

🤍🤍🤍

The knock made Sans tense, for a moment, everything seemed to go dead quiet. "I'LL GET IT!" There was some muttering on if anyone had invited someone else. Sans wasn't really paying attention. He knew who was on the other side of that door. The man who spoke in hands may have been apathetic and abusive, but he had manners... to an extent. Papyrus opened the door only to be more or less pushed aside. Gaster zeroed in on Sans and his... appearance. He was very unimpressed. "WDG 1-S." He kept his voice carefully monotone, his stance rigid. "dr. gaster.." It was as if all the progress they'd had with him was gone. He wasn't Sans anymore but the weapon. "Sans, you know this freak?" Undyne asked. "What are you wearing." Gaster demanded. Undyne was completely ignored. "your successor asked of me to 'fit in', doctor." Sans replied. "You have a new order now. You will start the extermination of the surface pests immediately. Come." Gaster turned around, expecting obedience from his perfect weapon. He fell right into Sans ploy. As he found himself lifted and yeeted into the furthest wall, causing it to crack from the force. Gaster was reeling, trying to figure out what was happening. "that's not gonna happen, doc."

🤍🤍🤍

Sans couldn't remember if there'd ever been a time when he used that tone of voice towards Gaster. What he did know was he was glad to fight for HIS family. "and the name's sans, by the way. i'm a monster, not a toy for you to use as you please." Sans snapped his phalanges, summoning blasters. Gaster growled. "1-S. W r o n g c h o i c e ." Gaster lunged, blasters fired, and the fight for his freedom had begun. Of course, Gaster had countered Sans' blasters with his own, but Sans had figured as much and spawned multiple bones at his creator. It wasn't just him though. Alphys remembered Sans mentioning the former Royal Scientist. They'd also picked up that Gaster wasn't a good guy. So they were fighting for Sans. More bones from Papyrus and spears Undyne joined with the attack. Gaster was overwhelmed having to teleport out of the way to avoid damage... only to be struck by Toriel's fire and Asgore's tridents. He was pinned down. Gaster swore furiously in hands and screamed at his weapon. "YOU THINK YOU WON SO EASILY?! THESE PETTY FOOLS CAN'T PROTECT YOU!"

🤍🤍🤍

He was suddenly approaching Sans, nobody really know how he got free. It was like, he fazed right through the tridents and now nothing was stopping him. Spears, bones, fire, electricity, he wasn't phased by any of it and that scared Sans. He was paralyzed by Gaster's furious glare. He tried to check Gaster but NOTHING MADE SENSE. It was warped, twisted, just numbers and nonsense. He didn't KNOW what his creator was anymore, but he sure didn't belong in this world. And whatever he was, he was about to take Sans... and he was reaching for Papyrus too. Sans took him up in blue magic and threw him again. It didn't bother the thing that was Gaster as much as the first time. 'He's unstable..' Sans realized. Could he... what could a shortcut do to him? Sans ran at Gaster, much to the Scientist's surprise, and wrapped his arms around him. Then they disappeared.

🤍🤍🤍

Gaster had tried to avoid teleporting, it made him unstable, losing more and more of himself back to the Void when it happened. Just that one teleport and he'd already destabilized to the point where attacks didn't harm him. It was useful at first, but 1-S had picked up on his instability. Now they were falling through the Void again, Gaster was losing his form. His legs melded together with his torso, his arms were gone again. In that split second of time, the tables had turned and he was a shell of his former self. They hadn't even gone far. Only to the other side of the room. 1-S took in Gaster's new appearance. "so this is what you've become, eh? gotta say, i feel sorry for you." It stepped away, clearly uninterested in the fight. "I'm not done! I will get you back!" It shook it's head. "one more shortcut and you'll cease to exist, gaster. i'm not killing humans. i'm not a weapon. i am sans." It said firmly. Gaster knew it was right. He'd... lost. Everything he'd worked for was lost. "... This is your final order." 1-S, no, Sans tensed up, summoning more magic for another teleport. There was no need. "Live your life, Sans the Skeleton." Wingdings Gaster teleported back to the Void.

🤍🤍🤍

Sans stood there for a solid minute. Did that seriously just happen? "W-what just happened..?" Alphys stuttered. "he... let me go." Sans replied in slight disbelief. "Just like that?" Undyne asked. Sans nodded. "ANYONE CAN BE A GOOD PERSON." Papyrus stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "IF THEY JUST TRY." Sans looked to Papyrus and smiled. "i guess your right, bro. uh. sorry for the damage to the house." Papyrus waved it off. "EH, I'LL JUST BLAME UNDYNE, THEN I CAN GET EVERYTHING FIXED FOR 50% OFF."
"It's true, I break alot of stuff." Undyne added helpfully. "Then should we get this party started?" Frisk asked. "heh, yup." Sans replied immediately.

Dum da da da! And here we are! Were you expecting that sort of ending? I have no idea because I wasn't even expecting that sort of ending! This book has a mind of its own, I tell ya! Hehheheh, anyways have a great morning/afternoon/night!

-Kyran