Chapter 2: See the Sky One More Time

7 am. I woke up bright and early, I haven't been this excited in a long time. I throw on my work clothes, maybe a little makeup too. By the time it turns 8am I'm ready to go, but it's too early still, I can't hold in my excitement, I'm going to be working at Nelson & Murdock. Nelson & freaking Murdock.

I am sat on the couch of my living room anxiously watching the clock tick, fighting the urge just to get off this couch and walk to work but I wanna make a good impression. Suddenly my phone vibrates next to me:

Matt:
Hey you up? I know it's still early so I was thinking do you wanna get some coffee at the diner? That's if you're ready :)
Me:
Good morning sunshine, I would love some coffee, meet you there in 10?
Matt:
Sounds good. See you then

Perfect, that's my queue. I'm ready to go, I live 10 minutes away from the diner so this is perfect, just keep it together Y/N and today will be amazing.

I grab my coat and keys and head to the diner.
Although it feels like the longest walk in the world, the cold breeze of the air is refreshing, I really needed this.

~  
I'm standing outside the diner, god I'm nervous, never did I think I'd ever be in this position, I don't usually get nervous to work somewhere new but this is different, why?

"Are we going to go in or stand out here all morning" a voice from behind me says.
"OH you fucking bastard!" I shout, he scared the living hell out of me! "Oh my god Matt I'm so sorry, I wasn't calling you a bastard I was ju-" before I could finish he says "ahah Y/N don't worry, I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you"

Man his laugh is adorable, "shall we?" He asks holding his elbow out for me to take as we head in the diner.

We sat down and the waitress from yesterday approaches us, she seems just as nervous as I am "uhm can I take your order?"
"Yes two coffees please" Matt asks, the waitress nods and scurries away, she nodded to a blind man... to be fair I'm surprised I haven't because of how nervous I am.

The waitress places two mugs in front of us and pours the bitter hot coffee, and walks away. I take the mug in my hand and sip, the coffee isn't the nicest here but this is much needed, "mmm stale coffee, delicious" I say sarcastically. "Only the best for a lady"

"So Y/N, just a heads up, our firm isn't the best pay, we only have 3 employees and not a lot of clients come in"

"Honestly Matt, as long as I can pay rent, I'm happy. Thank you so much for this" I say placing my hand on his arm.

"It's not a problem" he says placing his hand on mine. He's so comforting, so sweet and gentle.
Say something Y/N.. the air is caught in my throat as I say "-uhm, can I ask you a question?"

"Was I born blind?" he asks for me, I guess he gets that question a lot. I nod, oh for fucks sake Y/N. "I'm sorry I just nodded".

"It's okay, that happens a lot. I wasn't born blind, I was in an accident when I was around 9 years old, there was a chemical spill on the road and I got it in my eyes pushing an old man out of the way" he says with an upturned smile.

"Oh gosh that sounds horrible" I say.
"I've had time to heal, I just think of the bright side, I managed to save that man, that I am thankful for"

"Do you remember what it was like to see?"
"Well... yes, I do. I wouldn't give up what I have now but I'd do anything to see the sky one more time" he says, I've now realised his hand is still on mine, then pulling my hand away.

"Ahem- so is there anything I need to know about my coworkers?"  I ask.
"Well, Foggy is an excellent lawyer, and my best friend"
"Aww that's sweet you get to work with your best friend" I say. "He'll like you, and I'm sure you'll get along with Karen"

"That's great, I get on well with most people, I just hope I make a good impression".
"Well other than you calling me a 'bastard', you've made a good impression for me so far" he says teasingly.

After nearly an hour of talking we were almost late for work, definitely not a good way to make a good impression for Karen and Foggy.

First Matt walks through the doors of Nelson and Murdock, then me, this place is adorable, it isn't the biggest space but it feels homely.

"Hey Matt, good m- who's this?" A woman with blonde hair asks Matt, this must be Karen. "This is Y/N Y/L/N, we have been looking for another secretary, and Y/N just happened to cross my path" Matt says as he unclips his cane and places it on the table next to the door.

"It's lovely to meet you Y/N! I'm Karen" she says with a huge smile on her face.
"I've heard so much about you Karen it's great to meet you"
"Hope it's good things you've heard" she winks.

"Matthewww, did you fall down the stairs again cause how late do you- new client?" A man with long-ish hair skips through the door of the office.

"No foggy, this is Y/N, Y/L/N, she's our new secretary" Matt says with a huge grin on his face.
Without responding, Foggy walks over to Matt eyes on me the whole time, and tries to whisper to him "Matt you're freaking me out man, how do you get all these beautiful women"

"Hey! I heard that, you're not good at whispering" I laugh. "But I'm flattered, thank you Mr. Nelson"

"C'mon, if you're gonna work with me, the least you can do is call me Foggy" he smiles with his pearly whites. "Sorry, Foggy, I was just trying to make a good impression".
"The second I heard that accent you made a good impression" foggy winks.

"Smooth Foggy, smooth" Matt whispers into Foggy's ear. "Hey man, I'm on a roll don't ruin my moment" he smacks Matts shoulder.
"Let him finish Matt" I nudge his arm.
"Nope-Nope, you both ruined it now"

Foggy waves his hand sarcastically in my face whilst walking towards his office, almost shutting his door he peaks his head through and says "you almost had a slice of this delicious cake *points too his ass* but not any more" and slams the door.

"Do you think he's pissed off?" I ask leaning towards Matt. "Hmm I don't know, can't tell"
"I can hear you! These walls aren thin you know!" Foggy's muffled voice shouts through the walls.

Authors note:
Thank you for reading! I hope you liked this chapter :) this took longer than expected to write but we got there. I know there hasn't been any intense shit yet but it's just getting started so buckle up! Next chapter is in the works rn!!