22

Ruth Foster

Ruth Foster

"Should I be scared?"

Orion grabs my hand, and holds it as we continue to walk, "Would I ever put you in danger?" She smiles. I like it when she does that. "Actually. Don't answer that. I promise you, you shouldn't be."

I slept in her bed last night, and was awoken to her shaking me up, telling me to go, and get dressed. Despite her telling me not to be scared, I'm scared shitless. The last time she told me she was taking me somewhere, I was stuck in a room filled with old men. I should ask her about that, but I won't.

For now, I'll admire her appearance.

Today she's wearing all black, like always. Black ripped jeans, black long sleeved top, and black shoes. So simple, yet she makes it look stunning.

I on the other hand, feel a little too overdressed. I didn't know what to expect, and so I grabbed the first thing that I saw. A cheetah print mini dress, black boots to match, and a black leather jacket. It's not the fanciest, but compared to Orion, I'm a little too dressed. At least the weather is decent.

I like it when it's nice outside. Not too windy, not too sunny, and definitely not cold. That's what today is, so I don't mind being in the dress. I bet Orion is feeling hot in her long sleeved shirt, but then again, she's always so cold. She also looks unbothered by the weather, almost as if she's immune to it, and everything around her.

I should hate her.

Hate the way she walks, and talks as if she rules the world, but I don't. I find safety in her arms. Ironically, I haven't felt this secure in a while.

I have a big room, a nice bed, food, a woman who'll do anything to protect me, I know that Emily is safe, and that I can ask to see her at any time that I want. In some twisted way, life is better than it was before. I'm not broke, or worrying about bills.

It's bliss. "Hand holding. Moving a little too fast, aren't we?" I chuckle at her, slightly joking. Her hand only grips mine tighter at my comment, almost as if she's telling me that she doesn't care, and that she truly wants this. I don't know what she truly wants. I know she needs this wedding, but want? I still know nothing about her, about her mind, and how it works. To be fully okay with this, I need to know better. I want to know better. Her.

Her hand lets mine go once we finally reach our destination. It's beautiful. "You brought me to a picnic," I state, looking around the field. The grass is laced with a beautiful assortment of flowers all around, and right in the middle of the field, a blanket, and a basket. She made me a picnic.