don't worry (it's all under control)

They are three train changes away from their apartment when Ahsoka Tano begins to question if her roommate is clinically insane.

"Is this legal?"

Probably not, if she has to ask. Also, this is Anakin Skywalker. This is definitely not legal.

He grins, which is really all the answer she needs.

"Ready, Snips?" he asks her. She adjusts her grip, knees bent and fingers grasping the underside of the hard fabric.

No .

She is starting to regret ever agreeing to go see the "super cool space exhibit", as Anakin had put it, all the way across town. (It was not, in fact, "super cool". There was too much math involved.)

"When you are," she tells him instead, muscles tensing in anticipation.

This is probably a bad idea.

Actually, this is an Anakin Skywalker Idea. This is the definition of a bad idea.

He shakes the hair out of his face. "On three," he tells her. "One... Two... Three !"

Ahsoka's shoulders strain with effort and her legs burn as she straightens them as much as she possibly can. She hopes all that money she spent on a gym membership and all the hours she spent using it will pay off now.

"You good, Snips?"

His voice is muffled through the fabric of the couch. Ahsoka shoves her shoulder farther beneath the wood of the chassis with a grunt. She locks her knees; she is in imminent danger of collapsing under the weight.

"Never better," she practically shouts back; she can barely see anything from this position. How did Anakin talk her into this one?

Oh, yeah: free couch.

(And so what if it's on the side of the road in the middle of Midtown, when their apartment is three trains away? It's a free couch, they are in need of a new one after an unfortunate incident involving hard liquor, large egos, and a wild game of truth or dare, and they are broke college students; they are taking the couch.)

She grunts; this will take a while to get back to the apartment. Obi-wan will have a field day with this, she thinks. The thought makes her grin, despite the ominous pop she feels in her shoulder.

Oh, they are never hearing the end of this one.

-

By the time they are getting off the third train of the day amongst sweaty brows and incredulous looks, Ahsoka's muscles feel ready to give out.

Who knew couches were so damn heavy?

Knees cracking like she's an old lady instead of a young adult, she groans as she stands up from where they have been resting on the frame that is missing its cushions, the doors opening and their window of time in which they can lift and successfully move the couch off of the train narrowing with each twinge of her muscles.

"C'mon, Skyguy," she grumbles. "Home stretch."

Anakin, annoyingly, looks no worse for wear. Besides a thin layer of sweat he swipes away from under his hairline, he is as enthusiastic about this endeavor as he was from the beginning.

Curse him and his broad shoulders , she thinks bitterly, as she rolls her own sore ones back in an attempt to loosen them up. It doesn't work.

She fits her hands back under the frame and heaves it upwards simultaneously with Anakin.

A mother covers her young son's ears with a pointed glare as Ahsoka unapologetically lets out a lewd curse when she drops her end of the couch on her foot.