Chapter 36

"stay"

Andrew's POV

Andrew's POV

"You know when I said if you need a ride, I didn't mean to be your personal chauffeur." I joked.

"Oh, you love it."

"I do?" I asked as she just smirked and gave me a side-eye before the brunette responded.

"Yeah because you get to spend time with me and well who would want to miss out on that?" she spoke as we walked to some stores.

I laughed at her statement before we dropped to a pause.  "So how's Peyton now since she has Jake in town?" Recalling yesterday.

"I mean did you see her face when she saw him? I think it's well assured that she's good with his presence," she responded before looking at me with a curious expression as she opened her mouth but quickly closed it as she looked down.

Seeing her struggling to decide whether or not she should say what she wanted to me, I decided to step in. "Do want to ask me something, Brooke?" she looked up at me with the expression still on display.

She hesitantly started to speak, "I- how do you do with the whole split parent's thing?" she asked.

"I mean is better than them being together,"  I responded. "How bad is it?"

"Well, let's see – my mom threw our last piece of water fern at my dad last night... and it shattered where the hopper used to hang and now he's sleeping in the pool house... while we still have one. So..." she answered as I gave her a sympathetic smile.

"I get it. My parents would get to that point." I told her while she intently gazed at me. "I remember when I was thirteen, my parents fought almost every night. The constant shouting was too much for me so one night I sneaked out my window with really no particular destination. And that just became my usual routine for it, until the night my mom found me at the basketball court near the house. She was upset but calmed down when she sat with me. Instead of scolding me more, she asked me what was wrong and I told her how I felt." A small smile crept up onto my face at the memory. "After that, she made a promise that she would try to be better and not have as many fights and she kept it. Luckily she was able to get away from my father's antics. Honestly, I think divorce was the best thing for them and me."

"Wish I had a parent like that. I don't remember the last time I even had an actual conversation with either of them. It's gotten to the point where I just don't wanna go home?" She replied

"Then we won't." Smiling at her as she does the same. "Come on, we'll get some dinner." grabbing her hand to finish up the walk near the restaurant.

"You know if I didn't know any better I would think this is a date." she quipped

"And what would you say if it was?" Theoretically asking of course...

"Well, I would be delighted." she softly spoke hearing the rasp in her voice. Which made me smile like an idiot once again. "Okay now let's hurry up it's cold ." As she rushed into the restaurant leaving me behind laughing before quickly following her.