The Journey Begins: Finding Her Family

A/N: Hey everyone! This is my first hobbit story so please bare with me for the moment because I'm not that good at writing and I'm just going to go along with this story and see where it takes me! Please let me know what you think of it and if I should continue on with it! :)
-----------------------------------------------------

As I ran through the woods, my long brown hair flying behind me in the wind falling out if my single braid behind my back. I glance around with my bright blue eyes to see if the bear was still pursing me. I had stupidly tried to hunt it to see if it was possible; but in reality not so much. I heard a distant roar behind me and tried to push myself faster than before. I made sure I had a good grip on my bow and arrows. As I darted around trees and foliage, it didn't help that I was shorter than normal people. I tend to avoid people most of the time because they judge me on my height all the time. I look around again and see that the bear has given up chasing me. I skid to a stop and lean against a tree and slide down to the ground trying to catch my breath.
I just wished I wasn't so alone all of the time. My adoptive parents had died well over 5 years ago in a car accident when I was eighteen. Now I am 23 and almost twenty-four, though I feel so much older than I actually am.
As I feel my heart rate calming down. I reach up to my neck and grasp the chain with the locket from under my shirt. My adoptive mother had told me that when she had found me that this was on me and that it used to be my birth mothers'. The locket itself was silver unlike any that I have seen before. On it was a small dark blue, oval gemstone. Surrounded was inscribed letters and symbols that I have no idea what they stand for or mean.
Before my mom had died she told me that someday I would find my family again, but it would be a rough journey and my skills would be out to the test.
Putting my necklace back under my shirt. I am always trying to figure out what my mother had meant when my time would come. Today felt like no other and it somehow felt off like someone or many people were waiting for me.
I look in the woods and the coast is clear. I stand up, gathering my now and quiver and strapping it securely to by back. I head down the trail back to my cabin.
About 25 mins later I arrive and unlock the door and get my pack. Filled with some snacks, medical supply kit, flint/steel to start a fire, and some tools to help set snare traps to hunt. Though, it may seem stupid, I grab my heavy sword incase my stupidity actions causes the bear to come back for me, again. My mother had told me that when she had found me that strangely my sword had been with me, and was made perfectly for me. It was heavily decorated around the handle and seemed like the medieval types of swords. That my birth mothers brother had forged it and gifted it to me for training, bizarrely.
I just keep my boots on and do not change my leggings or shirt because I am just going back out to check my traps.
Locking the door behind me; I head down the path to my traps hopefully filled with my dinner for tonight. As I make good time, I hear a twig snap. Unsheathing my sword. I get into a fighting stance to see what may have been following me. Can you guess what it is? Not surprised was the bear looking pretty ticked off at me (mostly my fault though).
Knowing I probably will not win this fight this time. I try to back away slowly and leave. The bear swipes it's massive paw on my side before I have the chance to swing my sword at him. Pain sky-rockets through my side; I only hope that somehow I can get through this.
Falling to the ground I bite back a cry of pain. Black spots dance across my vision. And suddenly everything fades and grows dark. I can no longer feel pain and I accept it and know no more.