New Worlds and Familiar Dwarves

A/N: hey thanks for reading my story! It's sometimes hard to come up with good material to write for a decent plot line; but nonetheless thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy! Also this will follow mostly the plot line of the first hobbit movie and some original scenes that help tie in together the plot line... Comment and let me know what you think! :)
-----------------------------------------------------

The only thing I saw was black. I felt myself starting to wake up and a pounding ache forming in my head; before I even opened my eyes a bright light filtered through my eyelids. I felt a gentle breeze flowing in my face and the sweet smell of blooming flowers in the air.
As I open my eyes I stare into a clear blue sky and look around to see rolling hills of lush green grass that seems to stretch for miles and miles. But the weird thing is that there are hardly any trees in the surrounding area. At least not what I would expect because where I lived was a forested land.
As much as this this freaks me out a lot, and how wouldn't it? I mean, if you woke up and had no idea where you were in a strange land, wouldn't you freak out?
The perfect land seemed to belong in a movie! I felt my heart rate speed up; how in the heck am I going to get home?! There seemed to be no town or people anywhere... As I stood up, still dizzy from be knocked out, I felt a sharp pain on on my side. Oh yeah that stupid bear attack...why can't I ever just not be reckless for once!
I move my hand down to my side to see just how bad my wound may be. I just get to the edge of it and pain rockets through my body and I bite my lip to keep from helping out in pain and attracting possible bad attention. From my very limited knowledge of healing skills I only rip a piece of fabric from the bottom of my shirt and wrap it around my wound to try and stop the bleeding and keep out possible infection at least until I get proper help.
I feel something heavy against my side and glance down to see that magically my sword is still with me and so is my bow/quiver! At least I won't be totally defenseless... I search through my pack and I can't find my GPS or compass anywhere; that's just great! I glance up at the sky and it seems like it is coming around late afternoon. Gathering everything together, I start to head off in the direction that hopefully will lead somewhere to civilization or something remotely close to it.
I feel up around my neck and grasp my necklace. I'm so relieved that it's still there because it is the last connection that I have to my old family and hopes of ever even finding them.
As the hours seem to pass and countless miles I have walked; I feel myself losing energy fast because of the lack of water and blood loss from my wound. After I keep trudging along; the sweet smell of baked bread and cooked fish hits my nose. I practically drool!
In the distance I see little lights dot the scenery and small people walking around that look like children. I honestly don't care about my wound I just want to eat something and see if I can get some help to where I even am.
As I stumble onto a cobblestone pathway. I see large, round, green door cut into the side of a hill. I might as well try it and see what happens.
As I walk to the front steps I hear loud laughter, clanking plates and silverware, and singing. It sounded very joyous and merry; I could only wish to have friends and family like that at some point in my life...
Reaching up to knock on the door I see a strange mark in the door glowing in the moonlight; I am honestly starting to blame my seeing odd things on my blood loss now. As I knock heavily on the door a couple of times so whomever was inside could hear me, I heard all of the music cease and the chatter stop very abruptly. I heard a pair of shuffling feet approaching the door and saw the knob slowly turn.
As the heavy, green door groaned open in protest and the light from the inside poured out into the night and onto me. I saw a very short man looking child with short brown curly hair and big hairy feet; I'm seriously starting to question my sanity and if I'm losing to much blood.
I might as well say something... "Hi, I'm sorry to bother you this evening, but I'm afraid I've gotten very lost and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction?" I ask politely. The very short man looks stunned at first but answers.
"Umm, yes of course, come right in." He says. I have to slightly duck to get into his house, but nonetheless a very nice one at that.
"I'm terribly sorry if I was interrupting anything. My name is Laurel Oakley by the way." I smile softly at him as we stop at a small looking office area.
"No, you are actually giving me a nice reprieve from those dwarves. And Bilbo Baggins my lady." He smiles back. What in the world is he talking about dwarves for? Does he have a lot of short friends? He seems nice after all, I just hope this isn't going to turn even worse that today already has!
"What do you mean dwarves?" I ask as he gets some maps out. He doesn't seem to hear me and is really focused on the maps. I just ignore it and glance at the maps and don't recognize anything familiar landscapes.
"Miss Laurel, where do you think you came from? Now you are here in the shire" he says pointing to a certain spot.
I don't answer. I'm trying to process what happened to me because this doesn't even seem real at all; the room starts to get fuzzy and I hear heavy footsteps approaching. Two of the 'dwarves' appear in front of me. I glance up and look at them in the eyes. They seem so familiar and I can't place it, but they seem to recognize me. As the room starts to spin and I felt myself starting to lose consciousness, I hear one word that stuns me to the core that the blonde and brown haired dwarves say simultaneously.
"Laurel?!".... As a pair of arms catch me and alarmed voices are the last thing I hear as everything fades to black.