The son of poseidon part 1

Percy jackson pov

All the way into the city, I put up with Nancy Bobofit, the freckly, redheaded kleptomaniac girl, hittingmy best friend Grover in the back of the head with chunks of peanut butter-and-ketchup sandwich.Grover was an easy target. He was scrawny. He cried when he got frustrated. He must've been held backseveral grades, because he was the only sixth grader with acne and the start of a wispy beard on hischin. On top of all that, he was crippled. He had a note excusing him from PE for the rest of his lifebecause he had some kind of muscular disease in his legs. He walked funny, like every step hurt him, butdon't let that fool you. You should've seen him run when it was enchilada day in the cafeteria.Anyway, Nancy Bobofit was throwing wads of sandwich that stuck in his curly brown hair, and she knewI couldn't do anything back to her because I was already on probation. The headmaster had threatenedme with death by in-school suspension if anything bad, embarrassing, or even mildly entertaininghappened on this trip."I'm going to kill her," I mumbled.Grover tried to calm me down. "It's okay. I like peanut butter."He dodged another piece of Nancy's lunch."That's it." I started to get up, but Grover pulled me back to my seat."You're already on probation," he reminded me. "You know who'll get blamed if anything happens."Looking back on it, I wish I'd decked Nancy Bobofit right then and there. In-school suspension would've been nothing to what i had to go through .

Mr. Brunner led the museum tour . He rode up front in his wheelchair, guiding us through the big echoey galleries, past marble statues andglass cases full of really old black-and-orange pottery.It blew my mind that this stuff had survived for two thousand, three thousand years.He gathered us around a thirteen-foot-tall stone column with a big sphinx on the top, and startedtelling us how it was a grave marker, a stele, for a girl about our age. He told us about the carvings onthe sides. I was trying to listen to what he had to say, because it was kind of inter-esting, but everybodyaround me was talking, and every time I told them to shut up, the other teacher chaperone, Mrs. Dodds,would give me the evil eye.Mrs. Dodds was this little math teacher from Georgia who always wore a black leather jacket, eventhough she was fifty years old. She looked mean enough to ride a Harley right into your locker. She hadcome to Yancy halfway through the year, when our last math teacher had a nervous breakdown.From her first day, Mrs. Dodds loved Nancy Bobofit and figured I was devil spawn. She would point hercrooked finger at me and say, "Now, honey," real sweet, and I knew I was going to get after-schooldetention for a month.One time, after she'd made me erase answers out of old math workbooks until midnight, I told Grover Ididn't think Mrs. Dodds was human. He looked at me, real seri-ous, and said, "You're absolutely right."Mr. Brunner kept talking about Greek funeral art.Finally, Nancy Bobofit snickered something about the naked guy on the stele and I turned around andsaid, "Will you shut up?"It came out louder than I meant it to.

The whole group laughed. Mr. Brunner stopped his story."Mr. Jackson," he said, "did you have a comment?"My face was totally red. I said, "No, sir."Mr. Brunner pointed to one of the pictures on the stele. "Perhaps you'll tell us what this picturerepresents?"I looked at the carving, and felt a flush of relief, because I actually recognized it. "That's Kronos eatinghis kids, right?""Yes," Mr. Brunner said, obviously not satisfied. "And he did this because ...""Well..." I racked my brain to remember. "Kronos was the king god, and-""God?" Mr. Brunner asked."Titan," I corrected myself. "And ... he didn't trust his kids, who were the gods. So, um, Kronos ate them,right? But his wife hid baby Zeus, and gave Kronos a rock to eat instead. And later, when Zeus grew up,he tricked his dad, Kronos, into barfing up his brothers and sisters-""Eeew!" said one of the girls behind me."-and so there was this big fight between the gods and the Titans," I continued, "and the gods won."

                                                                                                   Percy's pov

                                                                                Years after this incident my friend Hadrian still joked at me for this , But in my defence I didn't know the greek gods were real but I'm glad they were . now continue reading me and my friend's story also please comment who you think the hero is hadrian or me . Oh i forgot to mention I became his right hand god also I'm immortal , I did mention that right as to how that happened you need to continue reading my friends .