Starship Ahoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All of the starships had returned back to base after the victory on Popstar. Everyone else had gone off to assess the damage on themselves and their gear, but Timpani had taken Blumiere directly to the infirmary. The doctors had taken him in immediately after Timpani begged them not to tell his father he got injured. She assumed it would only cause drama after all.

Timpani looked down at the floor as she hummed to herself, waiting for the doctors' okay for her to go in. He only sprained his ankle and suffered a minor head blunt trauma, he should have recovered by now. She could only hope that was all there was.

After a few minutes, the doctor came out of the room. Timpani stopped them in the hall, tapping them on the shoulder.

"Um, excuse me, am I allowed to see Blumiere?" Timpani asked.

The doctor shrugged.

"You may, but I don't think he would want you to see him." The doctor replied.

The doctor walked off and Timpani went through the door to the infirmary. She eased the door open and walked inside. Timpani couldn't help but smile to see Blumiere resting peacefully on the bed, his foot all bandaged up.

"I don't know why I was advised against visiting... He seems so nice..." Timpani murmured.

Eventually, Blumiere began to stir. The blue Star Warrior unconsciously stretched, revealing a pair of wings on his back! Timpani gawked as Blumiere's eyes snapped open. He quickly hid them from view behind his back, folding them in.

"Th-thank you for taking me to the infirmary, Timpani..." Blumiere stammered, "And I take FULL responsibility-"

"You're wings are beautiful..." Timpani murmured.

"M-my father claims that my type of wings is a sign of villainy and that-" Blumiere paused, "I don't... repulse you?"

"Why would that matter? Anyone with a heart would not ignore an injured soul!" Timpani exclaimed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mario and Luigi shouted for joy as they hugged each other tightly, bouncing up and down.

"Bro, I missed you!" Mario said.

"I missed you!" Luigi echoed.

"It was so scary watching you disappear!!! What even happened?!" Mario exclaimed.

Luigi sheepishly rubbed the back of his head as he reached into his hat and pulled out what was left of his warp star. The star had been split down the middle but appeared to have cracks on it.

"One of them broke my warp star and put it in a mirror..... I'm so sorry, Mario... I know that you said never to lose that..." Luigi murmured, tears welling up.

Mario shushed his brother and wrapped him in another hug, refusing to let him be sad.

"It's okay Weegee... We'll get it back, I'm sure of it!" Mario replied.

"That's the thing, I don't think we can..." Luigi stated, "I passed out after they broke my warp star, but I could've sworn that there was something in the mirror that took the other half. I don't know what it is, but it has my star."

Mario nodded in response as Tippi fluttered forward.

"Hello, my name is Tippi, we haven't really formally met, heh," Tippi told him, "But Mario and I couldn't really find any tracks earlier, do you know where the guys who kidnapped you went?"