Take To the Sky

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blumiere huffed as he ran down the halls of the great ship, practically out of breath from running so far in such a short amount of time. He had been with Timpani moments ago as he normally is around that time, but he stayed a little too late and feared that he would get caught.

Grateful that there was no one else in the hallways, Blumiere made one last dash to his dorm room. He skid to a stop, opened the door, and felt his blood run cold as he looked inside. Standing in front of him with an empty look in his red eyes was none other than his father.

"You are out of your assigned room past the designated hour. Where were you?" He questioned, his eyes narrowing into a glare behind the mask he wore.

Blumiere quickly straightened his back, not wanting to seem small to his father as his nerves threatened to crack him.

"I was out repairing my starship, sir. It was still a little damaged after the last battle, sir." Blumiere quickly lied.

The two of them stood in silence for a moment, neither of them moving in the slightest.

"I guess that your ship was in need of dire repair after the last excursion." His father replied, stepping slightly out of the way to allow his son inside.

Blumiere let out a sigh of relief under his breath as he walked into his room, thankful that he didn't get caught.

"But your excuse needs more work. After all, I know that your roommate, Blaise, a qualified mechanic, is working on it as we speak." Blumiere's father stated.

Before he could even react, Blumiere found himself grasped roughly by the hair on his head and pushed down onto the ground. His father slammed the door shut behind them and glared down at him.

"What sort of a fool do you take me for?! Did you really think I would believe that?!" Blumiere's father hissed, "And where is your cape?!"

Blumiere grunted as his father tried to keep him pinned down.

"I don't... Need it." Blumiere spat.

Blumiere's father scowled in response.

"Those wings on your back bring shame to my name and all of the Star Warriors before you! You should do better to keep them hid!" Blumiere's father exclaimed.

His father slammed him to the ground, letting go of him. Blumiere made no effort to get up, now humbled by the commander's actions.

"Do you think that I don't know what goes on in my own ship? That girl is leaving a bad mark on you." Blumiere's father stated, "Relationships are only liabilities in this war. More weaknesses for the enemy to exploit."

Blumiere shakingly looked up at his father, too weak both physically and emotionally to stand.

"But what about mother? Was she just another liability to you, father?" Blumiere questioned.

Blumiere's father's gaze softened for a brief moment before he scoffed, turning so he didn't have to look at him.

"We do not speak of what happened to your mother, Blumiere. She was a valiant Star Warrior, but N.M.E. still proves itself to be stronger." He replied, his tone only slightly softer than before.

Blumiere's father glanced back at his son and paused before letting out a sigh.

"I will allow this to slide today, but if I catch you again the consequences upon you both will be dire, do you understand me?" He questioned.

Blumiere nodded as he stood from the floor, his expression blank.

"Yes, father," Blumiere replied.

Blumiere's father snarled and turned with a flick of his cape, opening the door and starting out.

"You shall address me as sir." He spat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mario and Luigi clung to the warp star as they and Tippi all zoomed ahead, now flying over the sandy beach. The sun was up and the sky was a bright blue, hardly a cloud in the sky.

"Do either of you see anything?" Mario asked.

The three of them scanned the beach, looking for the others. All of a sudden, they were snapped from their search by the sound of a loud roar of machinery.

"What is that?!" Luigi questioned.

"Look, over there! Taking off!" Tippi exclaimed.

The two brothers peered ahead to see a large starship take to the sky, heading upward.

"That's the largest starship I have ever seen..." Luigi gawked.

Mario put on a determined face as he looked up at the metal beast.

"Let's-a go!" Mario said.

Mario gave a pat on his warp star and it rocketed forward, giving chase to the large ship.

-------------

The large starship was now in the sky, taking up towards the clouds with Dimentio at the controls and Mr.L beside him. The engine hummed with a dull roar as the course was set, the ground becoming smaller and smaller below. The double doors to the deck opened and Mimi and O'Chunks both came running in.

"Golly, what the heck is happening?!" Mimi exclaimed, "Where's County and Nassy?!"

"'An why is Dimentio at da wheel?! Why're we takin' off if da Count ain't 'ere?!" O'Chunks demanded.

"The Count deceived us and left us for dead! We would've been easy prey if we stayed put, so I convinced Mr.L to take action." Dimentio stated, not taking his eyes away from the sky in front of him, "The Count tricked us into believing we were going to Dark Star on the off chance we escaped, but I overheard where the true destination lies."

Mr.L nodded as he typed into a GPS, moving swiftly as if the ship was second nature to him.

"According to Dim, the Count is actually going to Halcandra. The sword thing should be there as well." Mr.L replied.

"The plan: fly to Halcandra and demand answers from the Count," Dimentio added.

O'Chunks and Mimi exchanged unsure glances.

"I dunno about this..." Mimi murmured, "I mean... why would the Count just leave us after everything?"

An alarm set off on the ship's dashboard, causing all of them to jump. Mr.L pressed a few buttons and some information quickly flooded a screen. He read it and shuddered, a panicked expression quickly sweeping over his face.

"The warrior in red is here, and he's coming straight for us!" Mr.L exclaimed.