the quest for revenge begins

“Go, Umbreon!” The jerk face yelled obnoxiously.

I awaited in anticipation for my pokemon to exit its pokeball, wondering what super cute pokemon might come out. The pokeball hit the ground. It didn’t open.

“C-come out! Now!” I yelled desperately.

But to no avail. It remained closed. Blue scoffed again, returned his pokemon and packed its ball up. 

“You’re a waste of time Ocean. Smell ya later, loser. And don’t even think of talking to my gramps again.”

A dark shadow covered my face as I picked up my master ball in shame. I dashed out into the grass, holding back tears. I kept running until I was completely out of breath. I dropped to my hands and knees, chest heaving, tears streaming down my face. One teardrop rolled perfectly down the tip of my nose, it probably looked so pretty I wish I had a mirror or my iPhone 8 so I could admire myself.

After a few minutes I sniffled and wiped the tears from my face, and sat on my knees to look around. I observed the area: I looked above me. The sun was starting to set. there were tall, dark trees everywhere, casting huge shadows and blocking out most of the remaining sunlight. The grass was vivid and green and there was bug and bird pokemon everywhere. There were a few puddles here and there.

Even though I was completely lost, my beautiful surroundings calmed me down. I figured this would be the perfect spot to set up camp for the night. I was going to come up with a plan, and I was going to show Blue, that ugly tool who’s boss.