Chapter |1| Shelter

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

The harsh Snezhnayan weather bit at my fingers as I trudged in the snow. The crunching of my footsteps drowned out by the howls of the wind, almost as if wolves had hid themselves within it. Uneven breaths made its way out my mouth as I felt my limbs slowly give in. My eyes reducing to a half lidded state, but the determination I carried with me had only been so stubborn and had lasted only so long that it became less the motivation and more the burden.

I felt my heart beat rapidly in my throat, contrasting to my rather sluggish movements.

I shouldn't have come alone.

By now my muscles started to groan internally, my mind ached and my feet numb. I clutched onto my electro vision that rested on my hip, praying to the archons I wouldn't die here.

Then my eyes shut.

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

I woke up to the feeling of warmth wrapped around me.

Have I died? Is this the afterlife?

It was warm and comfortable, compelling me to keep eyes closed. I nestled deeper into the feeling. I heard the cracking of wood from what was probably a fireplace, and only distantly I could here the whistling of the wind that had once surrounded me.

"Awake?" A voice asked.

Startled, I opened my eyes and turned to where the noise had come from, my eyes locked with the individual who stood there. My hand, out of habit, darted towards my vision, my fingers hovering over it. As I held her stare, I scanned her eyes in attempt to find out whether she was a threat or not but her eyes...they held no emotion. Almost as if they were dead, just empty grey orbs...

"Relax, I am not going to hurt you, Darling." The honeyed voice reassured. "Besides, if I did want to hurt you, I would have done so already." Her tone had softened, guess she noticed my startled state.

I assessed her face, her right eye covered by a black mask that protruded past her platinum blonde hair. The rest of her face was pale in colour, but my eyes kept being drawn to her light grey orbs, not a slither of life ran through
them.

Interesting.

I hummed quietly, she didn't seem like a threat, at least now she didn't. She said if she wanted to hurt me she could have, I don't doubt that. But I needed to know where I am, and what has happened but I don't remember much, just the feeling on snow biting at my skins.

I glanced back at her eyes to see them already trained on me, I took a deep breath about to speak but she cut me to it.

"You were unconscious, I found you lying down so I took you into this cabin, I put your belongings on the table behind you, if your hungry I am making food, its better you rest for a while and get better. Don't stress your body too much."