Chapter |2| Sneaking out

I woke up due to a strip of light that broke through the curtain and made it's way onto my face. Even though I should get up I couldn't help but snuggle deeper into the comfort of the bed.

Knock knock

"Y/n, are you awake?" I heard Signora's voice call out from behind the door.

"Yeah." I replied, my voice sounding slightly raspy. Morning voice.

"Good good, I have just finished preparing breakfast so when you're ready, head down stairs."

I didn't mind leaving the bed at this point if I get to see her.

"Ok I will be down in a bit"

Once I heard her footsteps retreat downstairs I got out of bed and got ready for the day.

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

As I was finished I head downstairs where a smell of sweet goods grew stronger and as a result my mouth started to water slightly.

I noticed paintings on the walls as I walked down that I didn't pay attention to last night, they were mostly black and white, seemingly void of emotion.

I continued downstairs and as I entered the kitchen I caught sight of her. Her hair had been done up into the same double rose style as yesterday. She was wearing quite formal attire so I suppose she must have some matters to attend to rather early in the day. I kept looking at her lost in thought, not because of her looks, although that was a reason it wasn't the main reason, it's just that her style of clothing seemed so familiar, I just could pinpoint what exactly.

My eyes trailed back up her face and our eyes met. A small smile appeared had appeared on her face. She gestured for me to take my seat, and only then did I notice the breakfast laid on the tablet, an array of various baked goods and pastries, and a lot of them at that.

"Wow..." I said, although I don't know who I referring to, the food or the woman in front of me.

"How are you feeling?" she asked before sipping on her tea, leaving a print of her lipstick on the rim.

"Far better than yesterday, seems I won't have to bother you for much longer." I said whilst reaching for a croissant.

"Nonsense, you have not been a bother since your arrival," She retorted. "But enough of that, I have a question, if you don't mind me asking, why are you in snezhnaya?"

"I don't mind at all, the reason I am here for research on a certain group. Specifically the fatui. I want to understand them more. I hear no nation trusts them, that they are a dangerous force to be reckoned with. They have certainly caused my friends and myself a lot of trouble, the experiences were not so pleasant and left me despising most of them."

As I paused and glanced up at her face, her mouth slightly ajar and a look of slight shock had come across her.

Oh I almost forgot, snezhnaya is the home of the fatui, I can't just ramble on about this to a snezhnayan, let alone Signora.

I averted my eyes from her and continued.

"Well either way, I would have to postpone my research for another time seeing as I won't be able to have enough time to learn about them before my deadline to return to Mondstadt." I held my head low, contemplating if I really should have said that all to her, but she broke my thoughts with her next question.

"Your from Mondstadt?" She said the last word sharply, clear hatred in her tone.

I wondered if I should tell her where I really am from, it shouldn't change anything so I decided to do it.