Part 3

Their keys dance in the lock, and they frantically wait, their hand trapped in motion, moving their wrist every which way. Standing in front of their home in their newly put-together outfit, they finally hear that click they've been wanting to for the past minute, and dash down the street, heading towards ADDRESS.

They move as fast as they can, their long brown coat flowing with the wind, moving just as fast as them, and before they can even think about what's happening, they stand in front of a mansion, covered in gold.

"Wow", they think to themselves, staring in awe at this beautiful piece of architecture. The number on the door reads NUMBER, and at that moment a familiar face opens the giant doors of this giant mansion.

A tall, slender figure, with short, light, almost platinum blonde hair, a pale complexion, and a seemingly shining, yet dark purple suit. That's what they'd look like without their most notable features, anyway.

I thought I'd tell you those few first, because whenever anybody looks at them, the other things are all they notice. And this person standing, greeting the newly arrived guest notices. And they care. Deeply. Yet, they don't show it, or they try not to. Everybody notices, and to them it seems like everybody cares. But to Emory, that's just another charming characteristic of Lux. Maybe, I won't tell you about their unusual features, yet. For now. I'd like you to notice other things about them I'm sure they'd appreciate it. But, it might just become relevant later.

"Welcome. Won't you come in?" Lux takes Emory's arm, and moves with them across the floor, almost floating, except for their cane, banging against the floor as they walk. But somehow still elegant. It seems that it would interrupt their pattern, but it doesn't, surprisingly. Emory takes note of that as they and Lux lock eyes.

Lux smirks as they look into Emory's eyes, then leave them in the front of the entrance, alone, the tall, elegant doors slowly closing.

Emory scans the room, but all they can see is around thirty masked people talking amongst themselves before their train of thought is interrupted by the loud clinking of a knife against a glass.