Chapter 2, Part 1: Bloodshed

Days and weeks passed quickly as they hurried to establish a suitable base for their cause: The Resistance. Grian had been decided as a leader, which Doc didn't mind. He wasn't suited to be a leader anyways. Trust wasn't his strong suit, as it never was. Everyone had been given a job or title, often relating to what their skills were. He didn't mind exploring the place anymore, mainly because Etho had fixed the problem with the upper floors. An armory was found, and eventually it was discovered that this used to belong to the government. This only stirred the pot further.

Ren and Doc were looking over the building on the roof, watching a bloody revolt. The bloodshed struck fear and disgust in Ren, but comfort in Doc. The smell of gunpowder and tobacco filled the air as the sun set, reminding them both of a fireworks show in a sick, twisted way.

"What's your thoughts on all this?" They mutter, distinctly disgusted.

"It's interesting. Kinda tempted to join."

Ren looks to him with a confused expression.

"Why?"

"The blood and violence just intrigues me. I want to get my name out there, Ren."

They laugh a little. "You confuse me sometimes."

Two months after that, something happened. The peaceful goings on of a normal Wednesday morning was shattered with the noise of someone breaking through the doors on the first floor. Doc was prepared, though. As the others tried to scramble together a defense, he was already making his way down, munching on a chunk of redstone he has for occasions like this. He reached the floor where they were, pulled his knife as time simply slipped from his mind. The action of mindless murder to defend those he cared about put him at ease for some reason. Was it some kind of desire to feel blood, or was it something else? Was it the simple desire to defend? None of that mattered currently.

Scar had made his way to the roof, establishing his perch and trying to find a suitable target in the chaos. Eventually, he finds someone and fires, a menacing crack falling through the new battlefield.

Suddenly, Doc regains his composure.