26. Thanks To You

Hours before: Taehyung’s POV

After the mint-haired male took Jimin out of the room, I fell to my knees crying.

I just shot Mr. Hall.

Oh my God, what have I done?

But it was the right thing to do. He was going to torture my Jimin! I couldn’t let him do that. I thank heaven that Namjoon and Jungkook were on the same page as me, though. I had no idea they felt similar to me, as in feeling restrained by the Man for years.

He was sometimes kind to us, but most of the time he had us brutally trained. It was tough work working for the mafia leader.

Well, what am I supposed to do now?

Jimin won’t want to see me. Why would he? I almost got him killed. He probably thinks my friendship and love for him was fake.

But it wasn’t.

It most definitely was fucking real, how could you not love Jimin?

Taehyung still remembers the first time they hung out and went to the cafe like it was yesterday.

“There’s a special one just off this highway, be patient, Jiminie.”

Jimin got wide-eyed at the nickname, but couldn’t help the little fluttery feeling in his gut. I shouldn’t be feeling this. Jimin thinks, and he pushes the feeling away.

“Let’s play some music, huh?” Taehyung turns on the radio.

As soon as Jimin had heard the first beats of the current song, he couldn’t help but sing along. Strawberries and Cigarettes was one of his favorite songs.

“Remember when we first met?” Jimin sings. Taehyung had never heard such an angelic voice before. He had to slap himself out of his thoughts so they wouldn't get into a car crash. But it was hard when Jimin looked so perfect.

The wind in his Ash Blonde hair, his flannel tied loosely around his shoulders, and his rose-tinted sunglasses make him look like a model.

“Long nights, daydreams

Sugar and smoke rings, I’ve been a fool.

but strawberries and cigarettes always taste like you

Headlights, on me

Racing to 60, I've been a fool

But strawberries and cigarettes always taste like you.”

By this point Jimin is sitting on top of the passenger seat, belting his lungs out.

Taehyung’s lips curved into a small smile at the memory.

But that didn’t stop the stinging pain in his heart and mind, knowing he lost the younger male forever.

The door to the room slowly creaked open, letting in the two men from before.

Joon and Kookie.

Taehyung looked up to them, still on his knees; hands covered in the blood of his former boss.

“I… I lost him.”

And Taehyung’s glazed-over eyes suddenly spilled with an ocean of sorrow, pouring out in the form of tears all over himself.

He sobbed shamelessly, cries echoing off the walls of the cursed room.

Namjoon and Jungkook rushed to his side to help him up, swallowing him in a hug.

“Tae,” Namjoon whispered, “You have not only helped Jimin, but you saved all of us. We are free now.”

“Thanks to you.”