prologue

Have you ever believed in fate?

No story ever starts off like that but mine does.

It all starts off when I'm walking down the 'quiet' streets of New York City. It was midday so it was rush hour. I'm trying to get home to my brother but all the shoving is making it longer.

The one thing I hate is being stuck in your own thoughts because sometimes they end up screaming at you. Right now my thoughts are getting filled up with others.

I didn't even see the red head guy in front me with his phone out. I pull my phone out of pocket and looked at it while walking.

I ran straight into him. My phone and the man's phone went straight to the ground. I pick up the phone ad put in my pocket. The man picks up the phone and puts it in his pocket.

"I'm very sorry, I should've been looking at where I was going." I said.

"It's not your fault. It was also my fault. I was trying to find the train station so that I could meet my friend." He said.

I nod my head. "If you go two blocks down and take a left then you will see the train station." I said.

"Thanks! Have a good evening!" He said.

As the man walked away, I walked the opposite way towards where I live. I see the building and enter. I make it to the apartment just to be greeted by my worried brother.

He pulls me into a hug.

"You weren't answering your phone, I thought something had happened." Jerry said.

"I'm here don't worry." I smile at him. But in the back of my mind, I kept saying he didn't call. My phone didn't ring at all.

After dinner, I went straight to my room just to lay down. I pull my phone out of my pocket.

Wait!! This isn't my phone... Before I could think more about it, the phone rings. My phone number is calling this one.

I answer, "Hello."