The Mystery Girl

The picture on the desk had the lady who had just passed him on his way to the office and the scent she had was so breathtaking that it had made him turn. 

He wondered who she was to the therapist since there was no resemblance to them but there was a photo on her desk. 

Darleen, the specialist walked in to find Cedric deep in thought that he had not noticed her walk in the room. He looked like something was bothering him. 

"Cedric, is everything okay?"

Cedric woke up from his trance and looked at Darleen with a smile trying to hide the fact that he was thinking so hard about the lady in the photo. 

"Nothing Darleen, was just wondering where you were"

Darleen was not convinced thus decided to inquire more. 

"You were deep in thought Cedric and from the looks of it you were not wondering where I am. This is a open forum you can share what is on your mind"

Cedric wanted to ask but instead told her something different. 

"I was looking back at my journey back to when I started therapy to where I am right now and the major steps I have made"

Darleen did not probe further and seemed convinced then went on to have their final session. 

After two hours, Cedric made his way out of the building to head home but could not stop thinking about the lady in the photo. 

His thoughts had occupied his mind that he had not seen the cyclist heading towards him. Within a split of a second he had soft hands holding him and pushing him away from the cyclist's path. 

When he looked up he was shocked to see the person who had saved him. It was the lady he had been thinking of the whole day. 

"Are you okay?"

"Yes I am, thank you for saving me, i was so deep in thought did not see the cyclist coming"

"Take it easy, life is short enjoy life and you are welcome"

Her phone rang and she answered it signaling him that she had to leave as she walked past a group of people. 

He looked at her in awe as she disappeared in the crowd and collected himself. That is when he remembered he had not asked her name.