𝟎𝟎|𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘

✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*゚・**✿**・゚*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿

6 years ago

The rain was pouring down on your skin. You had somehow ended up in front of a large wooden building. It looked to be a bathhouse of sorts. Your hair was in your face, making your breath hitch at times. You didn't know how you ended up there. Neither did you know where you came from. Everything was a blur. Your clothes were soaked through and your shoes were as good as done for. Amidst the rain and the loneliness, a young woman made her way towards you. She carried a basket adorned with a cloth. Her walk was fierce, and she had long hair. It reminded you of your own luscious hair. Though it looked better when dry. The closer the woman got, the better you could see her face. With lips pursed, she continued pacing until she finally reached you.

"What's your name, girl?" Even her voice sounded as confident as she looked. You let the question sink in. What was your name? Did you have one?

"Don't tell me you're a lost spirit?" The woman sighed and palmed her forehead. The sheer look in her eyes, as you struggled to speak, was enough to send you into deeper thought. She got ahold of your wrist and dragged you with her into the large imperial-looking house. The lights were out everywhere, so she took you up to the sleeping quarters. Before walking in, she made you take a shower and prepared you some nice, dry clothes. The shower wasn't too bad, but you were freezing by the time you came out. Even fully dressed. Luckily, the lady laid out a futon for you. A large, fluffy duvet was draped over it. She had placed it right next to hers. You could hear the sound of the pattering rain outside. It was oddly enough, very calming.

"You're lucky everyone is asleep. There'll definitely be a ruckus tomorrow," the woman said. It somehow sounded like she was scolding you.

"What's your name? What are you? You smell... different. Human-like, but then not," she sniffed your hair, trying to pick up any missing scent. All her nose could take in was the smell of the rich cherry blossom shampoo you used in the shower.

"W-well, um... my name... um," you chewed it a bit. In all honesty, you had no idea what you were, who you were, or where you came from. It was as much of a mystery to you as it was to her.

"Hmmm. Peculiar. Eh, it's okay. I'm Lin. I'll help you settle down here. It's probably for the best. We can go to Yubaba tomorrow. She probably knows what to do with you." You were about to thank her, but she immediately continued,

"Ah! I forgot. You need a name... what do you think about Y/n? It has a nice ring to it, right?" She waited eagerly for your response. You proceeded to smile and nod. She gave you a big, toothy smile and ruffled your hair as if you were a dog.

"You should get some sleep. It's past 3, and we have to wake up early so that we can be the first ones to meet Yubaba." Her yawn was silent, but her mouth was bigger than average.

"Why would we need to be first?" You tilted your head slightly.

"Well... you know... she isn't really fond of visitors. The more comes in, the more aggressive she becomes," she started,

"If we were to be first, she'd likely be in a better mood. Not to mention that dragon boy wouldn't be there..." She mumbled the last part, making you unable to hear it.