chapter 1

A/N: This is my first story so don't judge please. I know that most of you stop reading after this first chapter, but I know I wrote this one bad, so I promise that if you continue it will get better. Also there will be random things in here soooo just don't question it. Enjoy! Thanks! Disclaimer: I own all characters.

My mom knew the minute I was born. She knew I was an Anomaly. My eyes. They're an enchanting violet. One of the three signs of an Anomaly. Purple eyes. Purple blood. And a Gift. I haven't received my Gift yet. It's supposed to come on my thirteenth birthday. Tomorrow.

My parents decided to keep me hidden from the outside. The only other person who knows my secret is my uncle. He's not actually related to my family, but he is my dad's best friend. He's a doctor so that helps with concealing my purple blood. He's our most trusted family  friend.

"Aspen!" Mom whispered,"Do you feel anything?"

"Mom, I'm pretty sure it takes a while. I don't think it will develop the minute the clock strikes midnight." I rolled my eyes.

"I know. I know. Well anyway, happy birthday sweetheart. I better get a good nights sleep. Big day tomorrow- well technically today. Goodnight." She placed a kiss on my forehead and left the room. I lie awake staring at the ceiling. What will my Gift be? I guess I'll have to wait and see, I thought as my eyes closed.

I didn't dream. That's normal though because Anomalys don't dream. When I'm asleep, it's just pure darkness. Very lonely and dull. When I went downstairs, Mom and Dad were both sitting at the kitchen table. Neither of them made eye contact with me. My heart plummeted. Something was terribly wrong. Mom cleared her throat. "Ahem. Aspen, Uncle Kurt has found a special school for An- er people like you. You'll be safe there. Everyone would be like you. You'd be accepted. You wouldn't be living with us. It's a boarding school. You'd make great friends there! " She said the last part quickly as if she didn't want to say it, but she had to.

I couldn't breathe. I could hear a ringing noise in my ears. I'd been living with my parents my whole life. I was safe at my home already, I didn't need to go to some stupid school. Suddenly, I felt a burning anger at Uncle Kurt. He thinks this is what's best for me. He thinks he knows me so well that he could just send me off to some school. I can't believe my parents are allowing this to happen. They know I've never been social before and I've been homeschooled my whole life. I'm just not ready to be exposed to the outside world.

"You should go pack up Aspen. We will be taking you in an hour," Dad said, moving my dark brown bangs back to kiss my forehead. I smiled at them but it was forced. I could feel tears streaming down my face as I went upstairs to my room. I don't have that many suitcases since the only other place I've been is Uncle Kurt's house and that was when Mom and Dad went on that one business trip to Chicago for a month. I packed all my clothes, books, hairbrushes, and toothbrush into just two duffels. Uncle Kurt was waiting in the kitchen when I went downstairs.

"Change of plans! I'm taking you! Your parents had to go to work to meet with a client," Uncle Kurt said. Of course. They couldn't even come say goodbye to probably the most important thing about to happen to me. My parents are lawyers, but they work together, so when someone hires one of them, they hire both of them. Uncle Kurt took the duffels from me and placed them in his truck.

"What's the school called anyway?" I ask.

"Hippoplum Academy of the Celestial Arts," Uncle Kurt replied. I stifled a giggle. Did he just say Hippoplum? What kind of a name is that for a school?

"I know what you're thinking,"said Uncle Kurt," and that's what I thought at first when I heard the name of the school, but I got used to it." I let out a laugh. It felt good to laugh again. I hopped in the front seat of his truck and we were on our way to Hippoplum Academy.

A/N: I know that this is a really short first chapter, but I will try to continue this story. Please don't judge because like I said it's my first time publishing anything on Wattpad. Don't ask about the name of the school. It's a long story :) I hope you will continue to read this! It gets better I promise.

 Comment and vote!