𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

When her alarm went off the next morning, River groaned and blindly slapped the top of her bedside table until she found the clock. But when she went to get up, a warm and muscled arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her back against a solid chest.

"You're not leaving me, are you?" Ikaris's voice mumbled behind her, gravelly with sleep.

"I told you last night that I had work," she said, trying to pry his arm away, but he wouldn't budge, and the warmth of his skin felt so pleasant against hers, it was almost lulling her back to sleep.

"I'll let you go under one condition," he murmured, his thumb ghosting over the bare skin of her stomach.

"What's that?" she asked, forcing her eyes open a bit wider.

"Tell me, did I prove how impressive I am?" he asked, then chuckled as she groaned. Under his arm, she rolled over to face him, one of her legs hooking around his as she let her hands lay on his chest. His hand was flat against her lower back, warm and soothing against her skin, and when she looked up at him, she couldn't help but smile. His hair was tousled and messy, with the little silver streak prominent in the front, his eyes were still shut, but he was smiling.

"Mm, I'd say so. But maybe we should try again? For science, of course," she murmured, fingertips trailing down his chest. He chuckled again, and she could feel the vibrations under her touch, and suddenly, she was flat on her back beneath him, laughing quietly. His head dipped down to trail kisses along her neck, his teeth grazing over her skin before he nipped at it gently.

"Ikaris, I've got work..." she breathed.

"You've got makeup, you can cover it," he murmured, his tongue brushing over the skin he'd nipped.

"No no, the others will ask questions," she said, gripping his shoulders and sighing as one of his hands trailed down her body.

"You're all adults," he mumbled against her skin, eyes closing as he felt one of her hands in his hair.

"Adults that work with children. I have to maintain at least a small amount of modesty around the workplace," she said.

"Mm, I suppose you have a point. Then let me just—" He pulled the covers back and began to trail his lips down her body, his hands at her sides until he reached her hips. He planted a kiss to her skin, nipping playfully at it just to hear those soft sighs leave her lips. He glanced up at her face, taking in her messy hair, closed eyes, the way her lips parted ever so slightly... Even after waking up she was gorgeous.

"Mm." River squirmed a bit under his touch, then opened one eye to glance at the clock. When she read the time, 6:15, her other eye snapped open, and she quickly pushed herself into a sitting position, nearly knocking her gentleman of the evening over.

"Shit! I gotta get a move on or I'll be late..." she said, pulling her legs away from Ikaris and moving across the side of the bed he'd slept on.

"Such a tease," he murmured, fingers reaching out to graze her wrist before she got up.

"Very funny. The last thing I need is you getting me in trouble. I still need to shower and brush my teeth and make my coffee and get the cat his breakfast..." she muttered as she darted around the room, the cold air making goosebumps rise on her bare skin. Ikaris rolled onto his back again, pulling the sheet up to cover his waist as he watched her move around the room, bare and only for his eyes to see.

"I could get you to work on time," he said, propping his head up with one hand.

"Mhm, you and what clothes?" she asked, glancing back at him as she picked up her dress from the floor.