Chapter 11: The Date

It was Chemistry class and Hobert was digging in his backpack, looking for something.

"Looking for something?" Mr. Unkrich walked up to Hobert.

Then Hobert zips his bag. And then looked at what Mr. Unkrich got in his hand, it was a magic mirror. Then Hobert gets shocked. "Thank you, Wolden." He said to Wolden. "It's gratifying to see someone still respects the honor code." Then Meadow and Alina tilted their heads. "It will be my recommendation that you are expelled."

"But Mr. Unkrich, I..." Hobert almost finished his sentence until Meadow gets out of her seat. "But that isn't fair. He wasn't cheating since he didn't have that... Whatever this is."

"It's called magic..."

"You are not helping, stop!" Meadow said. "maybe he needed another pencil..."

"I..." Hobert said.

"Really. Don't help." She said as Hobert's head turned down, then she turned to the teacher. "Please."

"well, if you can pass this test, I'll return your property and let the matter drop." Mr. Unkrich said.

Then Wolden stared at Meadow and Hobert with a smirk on his face, then they ignored him and focused on their work.

---

At the picnic tables, Hobert was running down to Dolly for some answers. And he showed her a paper. "For the first time it's like I'm more than just a handsome face," Hobert said.

"A shocker to you, huh?" Dolly asked.

"To be honest, you are such an A+ student,"  Hobert said to Dolly.

"And you are a good B student," Dolly replied.

"I bet you could help me get an A on the next test without some mirror."

"Well maybe you could see me next time if you need help, you know the gal." She said to Hobert while he was smiling while Syed was walking up to them.

"There you are!" Syed walked up to Hobert. "I have been looking for you everywhere!"

"What's the problem?" Hobert looked at Syed.

"Isabela just asked me out on..." Syed said before taking a deep breath in for the final blow. "A date."

"We can handle this," Hobert said after leaving the table.

"You are looking a bit pale."

"Yeah-" Syed almost finished his sentence. "But I can fix that with some soap and some shaving."

"No!" Syed said quietly to Hobert.

---

At the dorm room, Hobert was finishing the final touches in Syed while making sure he looks date-worthy.

"Okay. Easy on the razor." Syed said to Hobert. "I don't want to scare her away to look like I came from a horror movie. Not that I could."

"Oh come on, My father taught me how to get rid of facial hair before I could talk."

"My dad was never really big on facial tips, I never had a brother," Syed said while Hobert was putting more shaving cream on him.