Chapter 8: Capturing Her Beauty

I lock my door and throw myself onto my bed. This day has been way too much for me. I don't want to think anymore. It's all so confusing. What should I do to take my mind off how shitty I feel?

I think of her. Of Delilah, and how vibrant she is. She's sweet, and my god is she breathtaking.

Maybe Carter is right about something. Maybe she is pitying me. But I'd like to think she isn't because I don't want her to be another person who gives up on me.

I want her to stay. And I guess I kind of have that chance tomorrow. I'll ask her more about herself. I won't be as closed or as tense, and I'll try to be the perfect girl, so she'll want me the way I want her.

I turn my head to look at my cluttered desk. My eyes shift to my sketchbook. My mind shifts back and forth from Delilah to my sketchbook until I slump out of bed and grab it.

I open it to a new page and grab a pencil. I start drawing her as I remember.

I start with her face. She had a sort of sharp, round face shape. Her cheekbones weren't defined but they worked perfectly with the rest of her.

She had a button nose, round golden brown eyes, and beautiful plump lips. Her hair was curly, and perfectly coiled, with the tips dyed red. I tilt the pencil sideways to give the messy coils more definition, and smudge it a bit with my finger to make her hair look more full.

I then move onto her body. I draw her chest, it looks almost as though it was carved out of stone. So utterly and completely perfect. I draw a jacket draped over her beautiful and plump arms. Her stomach has a long skirt hung over it, with beautiful red flowers embroidered on it. I take the time to sketch out each individual flower, as to capture her essence completely. Finally I draw her shoes. The round tips of her platform docs and the reflection of the sun.

I distance the sketchbook from my face to take a closer look at it.

It's pretty good. I mean not amazing but good enough.

I place it down softly and grab markers. I open a cap to a light, golden brown and start painting her skin with the tips of the pens.

I finish off with her shoes once again, and glance at it again.

I think I'll give it to her. As a thanks, or even just a sweet gesture. I think she'll like it. Even if it isn't the best.

Carter doesn't seem like the type who would shower her with sentiments like this all the time.

hey everybody!!

sorry i didn't post for a while again. this chapter is short and i just thought it was sweet:)

the next chapter will definitley be a longer one. 

i hope you enjoyed, and if you did vote for it, and commen!!

love y'all!!

remember to take some time for you <33