Chapter 25: 'I'm not afraid of anything'

Everyone came back from their work by 8:30. All ordered food from outside to celebrate for Aaranya's selection, which arrived pretty soon. All through the dinner it was Aaranya and Meera who were talking, sharing about their day at work, while the others were simply listening to them. Seema was glowing with happiness today, which was very much visible in her face.
After the dinner, everyone disperesed to their respective rooms after wishing 'Good Night'
----------------------------------
-Krish's Room-

Seema's POV 

I am flying so high today. God has finally heard my prayers I think.. After making lunch, I called the number which I noted earlier to ask about the job vacancy there. A lady received my call, she said that I could join as a part time worker in her store after meeting her face to face tomorrow. She said we'll discuss about the timings of the work tomorrow when we meet in person. When I told her about my educational qualification, she said it's not a matter if I wasn't graduate because she said this work needed only honesty and hard work and nothing more. I was more than happy to hear her. Right now I'm taking a hot shower, because this hot shower before going to bed relaxes my muscles.

"Aaaaa" I screamed and shut my eyes quickly in fear as I saw  a dirty lizard hanging upside down in the shower wall. I quickly wore my nighty without drying myself, and rushed out of the bathroom in a hurry and my leg slipped!

Oh no.. I'm going to break my limbs today..No..!!! 

But... Nothing happened.. I never touched the ground.. I felt two strong hands holding me tightly... I slowly opened my eyes and saw those dark black orbs looking at me with intensity. I started drowning in its unfathomable ocean...

************************
Krish and Seema were looking in to each other's eyes for what left like hours without blinking.

*Beep* Krish phone buzzed with an incoming message, breaking their magical moment. 

"What happen..? Why did you scream?" Krish asked being in the same position.

"Its there..Its there..." Seema said closing her eyes in fear pointing at something inside the bathroom.

"What's there?" Krish asked, as he couldn't find anything where she pointed.

"Li--li" she fumbled 

Lion? how did lion enter this bathroom.... From where? Krish thought to himself.

"What is it Seema ?" He asked her again... but still they didn't straighten themselves.

"Lizard" she said. 

"Aaaaaaaaaaa........" he gasped, closing his eyes, and shutting his ears with his hands.

"Ammmaaaa" he heard a painful groan in response.

He slowly opened his eyes and saw Seema wincing in pain, clutching her waist, lying on the floor. He quickly helped her to stand.

"You.. why did you drop me down?" she asked wincing in pain.

"You said you were a lizard" he said glancing at her weirdly.

"Buddhu! I didn't say I'm  a lizard.. I said there's a lizard there in the bathroom.." she answered in a painful tone.

"Buddhu?" he asked ignoring her rest of the answer.

"Then what.. who drops down like this?" she asked irritatedly.

"You.. you said lizard.. so I just freaked out.." he said sheepishly, scratching his back.