Don't Provoke The Beast

Shayne's muffled protests are swallowed by Jungkook as he invades her mouth. His kiss is sloppy, with too much tongue and teeth. "I missed you," he pants between licking into her mouth and biting her bottom lip.

She tries to free her arms but they're stuck tight. His body is just too solid, too immovable. His arms cage her in, hands coming up from her hips and holding her even closer. The force presses her so hard against him that it makes her chest ache and lungs struggle for air. It's not until she feels like she's on the verge of a panic attack that he loosens his grip on her.

The gasp of air she finally takes into her lungs hurts like she took in way too much air at once. She coughs, pounding pressure immediately settling behind her eyes. "Let me go," she wheezes with her exhale.

His response is instantaneous, dropping his arms and taking several steps back as if she burned him. "Fuck. I'm sorry," he stammers looking every ounce like a scolded child. Maybe Hoseok had a point. "I don't know why...you're just...I can't." He takes a step back toward her, hands coming up with his palms out like he's trying to show her he means no harm.

Regardless of his apology or current kicked-puppy demeanor, she retreats until the backs of her knees knock into his bed. "Please don't." Her shoulders tremble and she rubs her hands along her arms as if willing warmth back into them from a phantom chill.

Thankfully, he does stop a few feet from her, his hands dropping to his sides. "I'm not going to hurt you. I just got a little excited and that got the best of me."

Shayne musters up enough attitude to glare at him. "Right. You're not going to hurt me only because you can't, I'm too valuable, apparently."

His brows climb up, disappearing behind the fringe of hair that's tumbled across his forehead. "What? That's not true. Well, it is true, but that's not the only reason." He takes a few more steps, but skirts around her and plops down on his bed. "You must be tired, come lay down." Jungkook pats the pile of blankets and pillows beside him.

Part of her really wants to give in, to dive straight into those blankets and sleep for the next few days. The exhaustion she felt earlier never really went away. For that matter, she knows she's beyond exhausted at this point. It's not just a lack of sleep fatigue, it's the fatigue of blood loss and increasing moments of panic throughout the day. The rollercoaster she's been on for the last few days has been borderline torture.

She glances down at Jungkook and he pats the bed again with a small smile. "I am tired, but I also feel gross. Can I take a shower?" She asks, just for the prospect of maybe getting some privacy and to relax. Though, as soon as the question leaves her mouth, just by the look on Jungkook's face, she knows privacy may not come with that request after all.

"You shouldn't get the bandage on your neck wet. I'll help you." Jungkook quickly gains his feet, bringing a few small pillows spilling off the bed with him. He scoops them up and tosses them back onto the bed without looking.

She takes a few steps back. "Actually, no, never mind. I'm not really feeling as gross as I thought."

"Oh please, I can smell you lying," he scoffs, rolling his eyes as he advances toward her. "Come on, before I pick you up and carry you in there." Jungkook nods his head toward a door on the other side of his bed. She winces, expecting him to grab her but he just skirts around her again. Her eyes are trained on him, watching to make sure he's not looking at her. Just as he's about to walk through the door she chances a second to sniff her own arm. Smell me? Do I smell that bad? "Not literally, sweetcheeks, though that is cute." A soft laugh follows his words echoing from the bathroom.

Her cheeks are flaming as she grudgingly follows him. The subtle sneer on her face is replaced instantly by bewilderment as she crosses the threshold. "What the...?"