Chapter 24: truth be told

Hellooo! 

Those who follow me on TikTok already know what will happen in today's chapter. I am so excited about your reactions! Please let me know what you think of everything :)

besitos xoxo

___________________________

The next morning everyone sleeps in. Even if we all went to bed relatively sober, it got very late, the sun was actually already up.

Apart from Daniel and me, everyone goes for a day trip to the island.

"I want to try out the jet skis we've been dragging around all this time," I explain and Daniel looks at me with raised eyebrows.

"I miss the adrenaline," I laugh and he nods.

"Well, off we go then. Have you done this before?" Daniel asks as we indicate to the crew that they should lower the two jet skis into the water.

"Unfortunately, no. You can borrow some at my mother's boarding house on the beach, but I haven't had the pleasure yet," I say.

Daniel pulls the life jacket over my head. "Shall we go on one first, just the two of us?"

"You just want me to cling to you." I shake my head. "I can do it alone."

"Of course, you're a strong, independent woman, everything as usual." Daniel smirks.

We get off the boat onto the jet skis and I quickly have Daniel explain the steering and we head off towards the open sea. Once again I notice that adrenaline rush when accelerating is pure energy for my mind. It's no wonder that I've somehow ended up in motorsport now, albeit off the track.

Daniel and I drive to a small group of islands and drive around small areas of land several times before I head for the beach. I stop the jet ski and slide off the seat.

I drop into the warm sand and stretch my feet into the water that reaches the beach.

Daniel sits down next to me and grins at me. "When exactly were you going to tell me that you are just as crazy about speed and action as us Formula 1 drivers?"

"I grew up with it, what do you think? Adrenaline is what keeps me going." I nudge him with my shoulder.

He puts an arm around my shoulder and I lean against him. We stay silent for a few moments.

"That was fun. We can do something like that more often," I murmur.

"We should probably talk to a few people surrounding us first. Including our bosses." Daniel sighs and pulls away from me.

Confused, I look around and see a few groups of people whispering behind us and I shake my head. "Do you really think you're that popular?"

"Pichoncita, I was recognised by the back of my neck in Austin last year in a bar. So yeah." He grins at me with waggling eyebrows.

"Okay, okay. Shall we get back before anyone realises it's really you?" I ask and Daniel nods.

When we arrive back at the yacht it is already early evening. Time has literally flown and I am looking forward to my shower - the sand from the break on the beach is all over my body.

"I'm going to jump in the shower quickly before the others come back, yeah?" I call out to Daniel, who stays on the deck for now.

"Yes, that's fine. I wanted to talk to my parents anyway," he replies.