Chapter 35: Scenario D1

Hola tesoros! How are you?

This is just a reminder that this weekend in BabyBlue time would theoretically be the weekend of the French GP... I had to laugh a bit when I realised that :D

Have fun and enjoy the Australian GP <3

What time do you have to get up for it tomorrow and the day after?xx besitos, sourpatchsoda

________________________

With all the media sessions and engineering meetings behind us, I lean my head against the window of the SUV that takes us back to the hotel.

"I know the day was exciting, but we still have a little surprise." Daniel puts a hand on my thigh.

I look at him, confused. "I'm really not in the mood for jokes."

"You'll like it. The Hilton added some suites to the other side of the hotel last year. I snagged one. Four bedrooms, four baths, private pool on the balcony." Daniel grins. "Lando and Carlos have already moved in. Kelly and Max are coming later. I let Flo have the last room. I hope that's okay?"

My eyes grow wide. "That's mega!"

"I hope I didn't jinx anything with it, but there should be enough room for a world championship party."

"Well, it's going to come down to you or Maxy. In that respect..." I sigh.

As we enter the suite, I hear Lando and Flo arguing.

"You have to tell them. They were looking anyway when Carlos came into the suite with us and didn't go into his own room." Flo looks at Lando shaking his head.

"I can't, Flo. I don't know what Dad would say about that—he—"

"Lando, your father loves you just the way you are."

"I guess I'd better leave you alone," Daniel whispers to me, kissing the top of my head.

"Okay, you brawlers, what's the problem?" I lean on the back of the chair at the dining table, sighing.

"I guess Lando forgot to tell his family that he's in a relationship." Flo looks at me.

"I didn't forget." Lando runs a hand through his hair. "I just haven't had time to explain it yet."

"What do you want to explain anyways? Anyone can see that you and Carlos are more than just friends." Flo still looks angry.

"Okay, let's all take a deep breath. Yes, Flo is right. You should tell Cisca and Adam. But Flo, you have to remember that it's not that simple. If a heterosexual relationship as a young Formula 1 driver wasn't difficult enough, a relationship with a male rival is even harder to explain." I look back and forth between my siblings.

"You all talk about it like it doesn't bother me too. I also want to share photos, hold hands and show my joy. But this shitty world won't let me. Especially not here." Lando sniffs.

Flo's expression softens. "I'm sorry, Lando. You're right. I can't control when you tell who. I guess I just feel left out because Olivia already knew."

"Hey, I didn't choose this. It wasn't fun in between." I shrug.

Carlos and Daniel look out from the adjoining rooms almost simultaneously.

"Can we go to the pool now? I have to sleep in an hour." Carlos is standing in the doorway in swimming shorts, waving a towel.

"Off you go." I grin, and Carlos runs through the dining room. He takes a running jump into the pool.