Ch.2

(Third Person PoV)

"So what are they saying?" A voice next to him asked.

Eagleclaw flinched and looked down to his right.

It was Lakekit.

"Why won't you figure it out yourself, kit," he said.

"But I'll get caught. Why won't you?" She asked, puffing out her cheeks.

"Because I am not interested in what they are saying and neither should you," he gently poked at the kit's head.

"But whhhhhyyyy?" Lakekit asked.

"Because I'm not nosy. Now unless you want to be called Nosykit, I suggest you don't eavesdrop on what they are saying. Unless you want to, Nosykit," Eagleclaw teased.

"Waaaaah! You're so mean! Mossyear, Eagleclaw is being mean to me!" Lakekit ran off the nursery where her mother was at.

"Wait Lakekit! It was a joke, I'm sorry," Eagleclaw got up and ran towards the nursery, after the kit.

Long story short, both Lakekit and Eagleclaw got an stern lecture by Mossyear who didn't look that happy that she was woken up from her nap.

Eagleclaw walked out of the nursery, the fur around his ears all puffed.

"Eagleclaw, I know you just got back from dawn patrol but Dawnstar wants you to be on the patrol to escort the two Dayclan cats out," Markstripe walked up to him.

"Why?" He asked before quickly shutting his mouth once he saw Markstripe's lashing tail.

"Just go. Flameeye, Rushpaw and Cinderash are on that patrol," Markstripe meowed.

"Ok....," Eagleclaw muttered.

"Soooooo, what's up with the situation?" He asked as he walked up to the patrol cats.

"Well if you really want to know," Flameeye began to explain but Rushpaw beat him to it.

"It's Bramblesnow being nosy again and she somehow dragged Jayviolet into escorting her to our border," she explained.

Now this perked his interest.

"Being nosy about what?" Eagleclaw asked.

Rushpaw was about to explain but Flameeye shushed her with his tail.

"You know the usual. Dayclan and their warnings. Although Bramblesnow did say something interesting. Something about war but she didn't specify," Flameeye explained.

"War? What did she mean by that?" Eagleclaw asked.

"Like he said, Bramblesnow didn't specify. It could be nothing. After all, she is known for keeping things to herself and just messing with others," Cinderash explained.

This didn't sit right with Eagleclaw.

Him and Bramblesnow were old friends. Sometimes when he is hunting near Dayclan (not on the border nor in their territory), he can see her looking for herbs and they sometimes chat.

Her chats were...interesting to say the least.

Saying that she won't take an apprentice until Starclan shows her a sign, predicting about a week long drought and she knows what prey he is going to catch next.

Nothing and Bramblesnow don't mesh well together.

Although she does keeps things to herself...

"Eagleclaw! Earth to Eagleclaw!" Cinderash's voice snapped him back to reality.

"Oh Starclan, sorry," Eagleclaw apologized.

"Come on, we're going to leave you behind," Cinderash said.

Eagleclaw nodded and followed the rest of the patrol.

When they arrived at the border, Bramblesnow perked up and purred.

"I knew that you would be on patrol, Eagleclaw," she said.

His whiskers twitched at this.

"Sorry, Bramblesnow but Dawnstar wants you out," Flameeye told her.

She sighed, "Of course, the great leader of Rainclan wouldn't listen to my warning. Oh well."

"Warning? Is this about your warning of war?" Cinderash asked.

"Hmm, yes. But since Dawnstar doesn't want to hear, guess only Dayclan will know," Bramblesnow lashed her tail.

Jayviolet gave them a 'sorry' look before saying, "We should probably go. We're not welcomed here."

"I suppose so. Good bye," Bramblesnow said.

"But hold on, we're here to escort you out," Rushpaw stated.

"That may be true but Jayviolet and I can take care of ourselves," Bramblesnow pointed out.

"We don't want any trouble, we're just following Dawnstar's orders," Flameeye sighed.

"As good and noble warriors should," despite those words, Bramblesnow seemed to be faking politeness when she said this and her fur nearly bushed out at the mention of Dawnstar.

It's no secret that Bramblesnow doesn't like Rainclan's leader. Eagleclaw doesn't know the reason though.

"We'll escort you to the border of Dayclan but that's it. From there, we will leave you alone," Cinderash told them.

Jayviolet glanced at Bramblesnow. "I think we should comply," he told her.

"Hmm...alright. Wouldn't want to argue on your territory," Bramblesnow said.

Cinderash gave her a nod before flicking his tail at the rest of the patrol to step in line to escort them.

Eagleclaw walked on the left of Bramblesnow and Rushpaw was on the right.

Bramblesnow was staring at the sky, wistfully. She always seems to do this.

Despite being friends, Eagleclaw doesn't really have a clue on what she's thinking of.

But then she looked directly at him and leaned in close and whispered something that only he could hear.

"Shun by his clanmates, the exiled will lose his path but will come back to save the clans by a wren's wing."

"What?" Eagleclaw asked but she didn't reply and turned away.

Rushpaw looked at him.

"What did she say?" She asked.

"I...nothing. Don't worry about it that much," Eagleclaw assured her but the apprentice didn't seem so sure about that.

Exiled? Some cat is going to be exiled? Who and why? He thought.

And why did Bramblesnow decide to share this with him.

He was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't noticed the whiff of Dayclan scent and was confused on why the patrol suddenly stopped.

"We are here. Now go back to your clan," Cinderash told the two Dayclan cats.

"Thank you. Come along, Jayviolet," Bramblesnow said and flicked her tail at him.

Jayviolet just sighed at this and followed her.

"Rainclan, we return!" Cinderash bellowed and they followed him back.

Eagleclaw was unusually quiet as they were walking back.

His mind was still thinking about what Bramblesnow told him.

A/N: it's been a while...like a year. My bad! So yeah prophecy time.

Idk what else to say.

Cya in the next one -Flare