{8- Prince}

"You highness the Crown Prince..." Victoria bowed. "Everything is fine, thank you for your concern." She turned to leave. 

"Lady Eisenberg, surely you don't intend to leave without indulging me with a cup of tea?" 

When she turned back around, sighing internally, she was irked to see that the red haired crown prince was smiling pleasantly at her with barely concealed triumph. 

"I apologize immensely, but I'm afraid I have very pressing matters to attend to--there was an accident today that left many severely wounded civilians. As a noble with an abundance of resources, it is my duty to aid the citizens of Elacor in every way possible." 

Victoria spoke with a glint in her eye, and the true message of her words were obvious. 

As a prince, especially as a crown prince, you ought to be doing all within your imperial power to help your people...instead of frivolously drinking tea. 

By the way his eye twitched slightly, it seemed that Prince Shion understood her quite well.

 "How commendable, Lady Eisenberg. It seems I have much to learn from you. Very well, let us have tea in the near future. I wish you luck and give you my gratitude as a member of the imperial family. If you need anything, please let me know. I will do everything in my power to give you what you find necessary." 

He tilted his head forward, letting red strands of hair flutter over his eyes, and Victoria thought  looked much like the blood she had on her hands earlier that day. Prince Shion then turned on his heal and elegantly made his exit. 

For a man who had just been rejected, he was handling it quite well, Victoria thought while sneering. As expected of a prince, she supposed. 

She then also turned to treat the rest.

------------------------

Victoria rode her carriage home mulling over her thoughts. So far, there was nothing particularly eventful that had occurred--besides for the incident caused by the Teacher at the market today. 

The Teacher's near appearance was clear, and Victoria wondered how things would play out. 

Originally, after the display of violence at the market, several more of those incidents had occurred at many other spots within the empire--especially in the capital; each time causing more and more unease and instability within the people. Eventually violence began to break out without the Teacher's magic, forcing the imperial family to begin many hunts for the perpetrator--to no avail. Finally, right when riots and civil war were about to destroy the empire from inside, the Teacher appeared himself--killing the Emperor and Empress and offering a deal to the remaining princes. 

The rest of the story had been predictable: the crown prince and second prince instantly became distant and cold, each blaming the other until finally the crown prince took the Teacher's deal, causing a large civil war and devastating the whole empire. The heroine thought she could change the crown prince and so went to him, only to join his side against his brother. Eventually the second prince outsmarted the crown prince, leading his side to victory, while the crown prince realized his mistakes, repented, and joined his brother to defeat the Teacher. The epilogue depicted the crown prince and his heroine happily ruling over a kingdom together. 

Honestly, the story was a lovely read for Park Lia when she was a young soon to be doctor with barely any time to spare for reading. But now, now as a part of the story, she herself didn't know how she ought to act; whether it was wise or not to interfere. 

Cyril's choice to eliminate most of the Eisenbergs was already certain to cause some change to the original plot, not mention their obvious alliance with the second prince..

She felt her head throb, and sighed. 

All she could do was simply wait for the Teacher to make his first move. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Been a while, guys. Sorry for the long hiatus, I was really busy.