Summer Love - Chpt. 10

*** Jessie's POV ***

From: Liam

Hey Jess should I ask someone out? Or is it to soon?

The text reads. I chuckle a bit. That lucky girl that Liam is falling for. She is literally one of then luckiest girls on the planet to be asked out by a guy like Liam.

From: Jessie

How much do you like her?

I ask. He'll probably write a poem about her or something, he's considerate like that.

From: Liam

A lot. She's amazing.

Ah, that's all a girl wants to hear. I think I have a little crush on Liam Payne, like half the female population.

From: Jessie

How long have you known each other?

Puppy jumps up onto my lap, and wags her tiny little tail happily. She's so cute, and really warms my heart. Come to think of it, Liam is just like a puppy. I did not just say that, but let's face it, he is.

From: Liam

Since we were 10 years old.

Oh my gosh, this girl must be special.

From: Jessie

Yeah ask her out right now :)

I really want to meet her. I know how happy Danielle made Liam when they were together, how much he cared for her. I know all this from Niall who cares for Liam like a brother.

From: Liam

Thanks :) I will

I begin to pat puppy, thinking about how nice it would be for her to have a name. And then I think about Niall. I really miss him. As a friend of course though. His soft, blonde hair. His ocean blue eyes. His deep Irish accent. His strong arms, and the way they wrap round you and make you feel safe. I just want to see him again.

"Jess I'll take puppy for a walk, you wanna come?" Lola says, walking down the stairs in grey track pants, matching jacket and white tank top. She turns around, and the back of her pants say 'Juicy' in big pink letters.

"Nice pants." I tease, standing up in light denim skinny jeans and Eleanors' Mini Mouse shirt that she lent me. I still need to return it. We put some shoes on, and I clip on the leash to puppyies' collar.

"Let's go puppy!" Lola squeals excitedly, grabbing mine and her phone, keys and opening the door as we head out side into the cool evening breeze.

"Liam has found a new girl." I tell Lola as we walk to the pizza place to order some dinner.

"Ooh!" Lola shrieks, making puppies floppy ears perk up, like she was listening.

"I don't knwo her name, but they've been friends since they were 10 years old!" I exclaim, thinking back to the text he send me.

"That's so cute." Lola says, drifting off.

*

"Good girl!" I tell puppy, as we entre the house, and plonk on the couch. I unleash her, and she dashes to where her food and water is kept; it's her dinner time too.

"I feel so much more healthy since we've gotten puppy." Lola says, stuffing her face with pizza. I guess she's right, we have been walking puppy around the block twice a day, and sometimes we go to the park and play fetch.

"I guess so." I realise, nodding my head, turning on the TV to 'CSI New York.'

Lola and I sit on the couch, eating pizza, burning and laughing with our mouths full for the rest of the night.