[9. Demigod in Space]

If Percy knew one thing, it was that they were all (probably) going to die. Reason number one: THEY WERE IN SPACE. Reason two: THERE IS NO WATER IN SPACE. Reason three: THERE WAS NO FOOD IN SPACE. Reason four: THERE WAS NO ANNABETH IN SPACE. Without Annabeth, Percy was certainly going to perish. Reason five: PERCY ONLY HAD A SWORD THAT DOESN'T WORK ON MORTALS.

In conclusion, Percy was already planning his second funeral. The first had happened many many years ago, he'd rather not talk about it.

"How about we turn this spaceship around and go back to earth? Eh? Personally, I think this is a grand idea."

"Listen, Perseus, I understand that you aren't familiar with the conflict of mortals and aliens, but if we turn back to earth, we may possibly risk half the life in the universe to be killed." Tony Stark narrowed his eyes, "Which would include you and your demigod friends. This isn't something you can really afford to run away from, and neither can we."

Percy frowned, "Don't call me Perseus," he leaned back against the wall and groaned. "Can we at least take a break on a planet with water? I'm not the only one here that's gonna need it."

"He's right, you know. We need to go back to Earth. I'm not waltzing in and handing Thanos the time stone." Stephen paced around, clearly, he was losing his mind. Maybe that's the reason Percy was there, to keep him from losing his mind. "I don't think you quite understand what's at stake here-"

  "What? No! It's you-," Tony frowned as he walked over to Stephen. "-who doesn't understand that Thanos has been inside my head for six years. Since he sent an army to New York and now he's back! And I don't know what to do, so I'm not so sure if it's better to fight on our turf or his, but you saw what they did and what they can do. At least on his turf he's not expecting it. So I say we take the fight to him, Doctor. Do you concur?"

    Percy frowned, he really didn't understand any of this and he hoped he never would. He hoped Stephen would fight for their safe return to Earth. He looked over at Peter, who just sat there with a confused gaze. Why the hell was Stark bringing this kid down with him?

  Stephen didn't move a muscle, he stood way too close in front of Stark and didn't even blink. "All right, Stark. We go to him. But you have to understand if it comes to saving you, or the kid, or the time stone, I will not hesitate to let either of you, or even Percy, die. I can't, because the universe depends on it."

  Tony nodded, "Nice. Good, moral compass." He pat Stephen's arm with a frown. He walked over to Peter and sighed, raising his arm up. "Alright kid, you're an avenger now." He placed his arm on each shoulder as if he were being dubbed a knight. Peter stared in confusion, but slowly began to smile.

  "Hold up, before we shy away from this conversation," Percy crossed his arms, "Doc, you bring me here under a oath, one in which I die if I do not follow. Now, if something happens, you're willing to let me die to protect the stone. So either way, I die?"

  "Well, not either way. Only under the circumstances that the stone be taken by Thanos."

  "Right, but without any water or a working sword, I can't even defend myself. So, it's likely my life will be threatened in the midst of battle and you are just going to let me die?!"

  "He will, but we won't." Tony frowned, "You're gonna be okay, kid."

  Percy rolled his eyes. He leaned back against the wall and stared up at the ceiling. Reason number six as to why he's gonna die: there's no possibility of him living. It was almost funny, he could survive Tartarus, but not space? In fact, he'd beaten the odds his entire life. He survived on his own until he was twelve, most demigods couldn't make it that far without the help of Camp. Then, he survived battling monsters and Gods, he'd survived falling from the St Louis Arch, a labyrinth, several wars, and many more. He'd survived against things that he should've been killed by, and yet he was certain he'd die from this? He was pathetic, and he knew it.