[10. One in Fourteen Million]

Percy had quite rarely been this glad to be on solid ground, he had to admit that the ship made him a bit queasy at times. Unfortunately, this desolate planet didn't have much to offer. It was covered in debris and sand, which made Percy lose hope in finding any water.

Stark and the others all circled up discussing plans, and while Percy could hear bits and pieces, he wasn't all that concerned with it. He sat next to Strange, who was in some meditative trance and somehow levitating. His necklace was glowing green, and it covered the upper half of his body as well. He began to twitch, his head moving rapidly. Percy stood up and stepped back.

"Uhh, guys, I hate to ruin the moment, but Doc is twitching a bit-" Percy watched as the others turned around and stared at him, they walked closer. Strange broke from the trance and Stark caught him as he fell. He tried catching his breath, a new darkness in his eyes that wasn't there before. It almost scared Percy.

"Hey, what was that?" Peter frowned.

"I went forward in time to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict."

Quill asked, "How many did you see?"

"14,000,629."

"How many did we win?" Stark almost seemed scared to ask, the look on Strange's face didn't give any hope.

There was a long pause, almost uncomfortably long of a pause. Percy was getting scared that the answer would be none.

"One."

One. They had one chance. That wasn't enough, wasn't even close to enough.

"So, how do we win then?" Quill asked, Strange frowned. He glanced at Stark, and then over at Percy, he sighed.

"Listen, if I tell you how, then it's impossible that it comes true." Strange stood up, "I'm trusting that it goes the correct way."

"You're trusting?" Percy frowned, "I don't know how you mortals do these things, but when there's a prophecy, it comes true. We work to figure out what the prophecy means and we use it as guidelines as to what's coming. You can't just keep this information from us, how bad does this outcome have to be that you're keeping it from us?!"

"You're Right, you don't know how these mortal affairs work. It isn't your place to act as if you know better." Strange turned and glanced towards Quill, "Do any of you have a way of getting a sword for this kid? His doesn't work on the enemy."

"What do you mean his doesn't work-" Mantis began, but Percy pulled out Riptide and clicked it, then swung it through her. She closed her eyes and began screaming.

"How did you-" Quill frowned, "How did you do that? Some type of voodoo magic shit?!"

Mantis opened her eyes and patted down her body, "Your sword went right through me?"

"It's called Celestial Bronze, it doesn't affect mortals."

"Wait wait wait- celestial? Are you some sort of celestial being?" Quill looked almost angry, making Percy even more confused.

"I'm a Demigod, half god, half human. I've never had the need to fight mortals, so I only have this one."

"God?" Mantis repeated.

"Greek God. My father is Poseidon. If there was any water in this place, I could show you a few more 'voodoo magic' tricks too. Unfortunately, all I see is debris."

Quill pulled something out from his back pocket and clicked the side of it. It transformed into a sword. "Pick-pocketed this a bit ago, didn't think I'd ever need it until now." He threw it over to Percy, who caught it by the handle. Then he ran his finger against the blade and grinned.

"This'll work. Thanks."

"Yeah, sure." Quill stared at him, "Your dad didn't kill your mom, did he?"

Percy frowned, "No, why would he-"

"No reason. Anywho, now that water boy here has his sword, let's talk strategy."

  "Right, Thanos will be here eventually." Tony glanced over at Strange, "After all, Doc over here is our bait."

  "We can't let him get his hands on the stone, right?" Peter asked, "Is there a way to prevent that from happening?"

  Strange wasn't saying anything, his arms were crossed as he listened. Percy didn't want to know what Strange had to see, whatever future possibilities existed. If he'd watched over 14 million and only one with success, Percy would guess that he'd seen all of them die on multiple occasions.

  "We trap him," Tony rubbed his thumb and pointer finger along the edge of his chin, "We all get him somewhere, when he's least expecting it. Two people hold his arms, two people hold down his legs, someone secures his head, someone grabs the gauntlet, maybe two for that."

"So basically, we just trap him? How will we get him to just lower his guard enough to do that, exactly?" Quill asked, his tone was more harsh.

Tony walked over to Percy and put an arm around his shoulders, "Mr Voodoo magic water boy, he'll do the trick, eh?"

"What are you implying?" Percy moved Tony's arm off of him and stepped back, he didn't like where this was going.

"Well, we need a distraction. Who better than some random teenager with crazy abilities?"

"I don't know, how about the wizard? Or the human spider? Or even better, the bug eyed alien?" Percy rubbed his temples, he didn't even want to be a part of this. He could fight monsters no problem, but bringing aliens into the mix? No. "Plus, I don't see any water anywhere. This whole planet is like a desert or something."

"Did you know, the human body is made up of 60% water?" Tony raised his brows, "I'm sure you could use that to your advantage somehow."

  "Oh, so like blood-bending?" Peter grinned, "That's so cool!"

  "Blood-what?" Percy frowned. Peter was definitely quite the character, but he still made Percy feel more at ease. Another kid his age dealing with things he shouldn't have to deal with, but he felt bad in a way too. He didn't know what was to come, the true experience of a war and how it'll impact him.

  "Yeah kid, enough of the references. Whatever that meant-"

  "Blood-bending! Y'know? From Avatar the last-"

  Tony cleared his throat, "Anywho, do you think you can do it?"

  Percy frowned, he'd told himself he'd never do that ever again. He'd promised Annabeth that he wouldn't. But even so, Strange wasn't saying a word. If this guy truly knew the one clear path to victory, then he would've shut down the idea of it were pointless.

  "Fine, I'll do it." He sighed and looked over to Peter, who still seemed lost in the idea of whatever he was referencing earlier. "But if you ever end up meeting my girlfriend, not a word about it to her. You understand?"

  "Loud and clear, kiddo." Tony let out a small smile and turned to the others, "Let's talk specifics, shall we?"

———-///
[A/N]
Sorry for how long this took! I've been getting way too busy so I'm gonna have to slow down updates a bit. Hope you enjoyed <3